What have you learned from the "No Words" forum?

Sanford

I try to use only current, non-posted photos when possible when posting to the current theme but sometime I like to dig through the archives. Three things I've found: a lot of photos I don't remember taking; photos I remember taking that just aren't to be found anywhere, and, just how good those early point and shoot cameras really were.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How other peoples' interpretations of a theme have often differed from my own; not to post direct appreciation of others' work in the Forum; and how much I need to improve to match the standards I see others reach (this latter may be difficult, as I am approaching seventy in indifferent health).
  • Like 4

Duplicate photos within the same single response entry can be easily edited by first clicking on "Edit" at the bottom of the response and clicking the "wrench/dogeared Doc" icon in the far right corner which will turn the response field background yellow and show duplicate [attach]...code...[attach] entries representing the duplicate images where all you have to do is select one set of bookended brackets and delete and hit "Save".

Duplicate photos within the same single response entry can be easily edited by first clicking on "Edit" at the bottom of the response and clicking the "wrench/dogeared Doc" icon in the far right corner which will turn the response field background yellow and show duplicate [attach]...code...[attach] entries representing the duplicate images where all you have to do is select one set of bookended brackets and delete and hit "Save".[/attach]

Edited by Tim_Lookingbill

i learned that I really have a lot of subjects that I just forgot about on my hard drive and discovered in mutiple versions. And a lot that I kind of know I photographed over many years that still are likely in little yellow boxes. And I may not get around to them. And that does not bother me. And so many subjects that never drew me on and still don't. And yes, Louis Triguez's indefatigable participation as well. Hail, Louis. I do not even worry If I post two images by error and not sweat it too much anymore but I may try the fixes described again. I am easy in an easy does it place. It is relaxing. About photos. Good.
  • Like 1

"No Words" is important to me, it must be or I wouldn't spend so much time in it's pursuit.

What I've learnt is that a sensible use of keywords and tags in some sort of library system makes finding the right photo easier. Also I've learnt to chill a little when folks have difficulty sticking to the brief.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for participating and making this part of the site worthwhile.

• Like 4

I appreciate the creative efforts of the posters and it makes me do some digging to try and keep up so it doesn't appear that I am some old guy that lost it years ago. Keeping the brain active will hopefully slow down my mental decline and this is a fun way to do it. If I ever post the same image more than once, please forgive me because I don't try to do it. The no words post awhile ago where posters played off the previous image and went on for days really blew my feeble mind away. I knew there were a lot of really smart people here that could see things I definitely didn't. The no words forum is also a great place to see images from those that I agree and disagree with on various issues.
  • Like 4