What have you learned from the "No Words" forum?

Discussion in 'Casual Photo Conversations' started by Sanford, Nov 26, 2017.

1. I try to use only current, non-posted photos when possible when posting to the current theme but sometime I like to dig through the archives. Three things I've found: a lot of photos I don't remember taking; photos I remember taking that just aren't to be found anywhere, and, just how good those early point and shoot cameras really were.

2. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

How other peoples' interpretations of a theme have often differed from my own; not to post direct appreciation of others' work in the Forum; and how much I need to improve to match the standards I see others reach (this latter may be difficult, as I am approaching seventy in indifferent health).

3. How to keep my big mouth shut. :eek:

4. htf do you get the blue version of rolled eyes?

cassiorenan likes this.
  5. It's Eek!Eek! :eek:

dcstep likes this.
  6. and still are.

i am a big fan of nw threads. i think they’ve brought us all a lot closer

michaellinder likes this.
  7. That’s all PN offers me!

8. Am I hearing distant strains of Kumbaya? Seriously, though, there is a nice intimacy to the forum.

9. I have learned is that there is a vast range of ‘altitudes’ which contribute to half vast interpretations. One has to be careful to avoid causing “the vapors”. I also learned that the NW forum lacks a functioning maintenance group or a path for members to request corrections to their Boo Boos.

10. Nah, they keep a tight reign on it. I had a double photo bounced from the N/N forum (camouflage) with notification but w/o explanation. I assume it was the double photo thing but I thought it was better to show it that way.

11. If you ask directly when a Moderator is on line, they can usually correct errors, edit, remove duplicates, etc. They cannot usually address site function issues.

michaellinder likes this.
  12. Duplicate photos within the same single response entry can be easily edited by first clicking on "Edit" at the bottom of the response and clicking the "wrench/dogeared Doc" icon in the far right corner which will turn the response field background yellow and show duplicate

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  13. That's weird. My response didn't like me including the bracket attach characters show up after clicking on the "wrench/doc" icon.

Anyway it's really easy to fix duplicate images on your own.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  14. The duplicate was on purpose to post the same photo in color and then B&W to show how the hawk virtually disappears in B&W.

15. i learned that I really have a lot of subjects that I just forgot about on my hard drive and discovered in mutiple versions. And a lot that I kind of know I photographed over many years that still are likely in little yellow boxes. And I may not get around to them. And that does not bother me. And so many subjects that never drew me on and still don't. And yes, Louis Triguez's indefatigable participation as well. Hail, Louis. I do not even worry If I post two images by error and not sweat it too much anymore but I may try the fixes described again. I am easy in an easy does it place. It is relaxing. About photos. Good.

Tony Parsons likes this.
  16. One thing I've learned from the No Words forum is the amount of photographers who are color blind in some form or another. Just look at the "Green" thread. YELLOW IS NOT GREEN!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    dcstep likes this.
  17. Tim, photography is colour blind.

dcstep, gordonjb and Norma Desmond like this.
  18. I like to find a "take" on a theme, gives a life to the photos and enjoy seeing other's interpretations.

19. "No Words" is important to me, it must be or I wouldn't spend so much time in it's pursuit.
    What I've learnt is that a sensible use of keywords and tags in some sort of library system makes finding the right photo easier. Also I've learnt to chill a little when folks have difficulty sticking to the brief.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for participating and making this part of the site worthwhile.

20. HoofArted

HoofArted SE Ohio

I've learned that others also appreciate a good picture as compared to a quality photograph.

Gerald Cafferty and Tony Parsons like this.