What have you done with your Leica?

ray .

Just for fun. Pick a category, answer with <b>A, B, C</b> or <b>D</b> and feel free to add comments. Question is, what have you done

with

your

<b>film</b> Leica lately? Only those who have owned (and preferably also used) Leicas need answer.<p>

A) I continue to use my Leica M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 and/or MP daily, weekly, or monthly.<p>

B) I use digital cameras, and haven't used my film M in over 6 months.<p>

C) I used to shoot with them, but I sold my Leica(s).<p>

D) I'm mostly a collector of Leicas, rarely or never shoot with them. <p>

And now that I feel like some geek from a polling agency, let me add one caveat. The purpose of this thread is not to go into long

descriptions of the cameras you own, have owned, or have sold, but really to see how much you still use them.<p>

My answer is:<p>

B. I think the last time I used my M7 was 2006. Since I haven't used it, that probably means my 2 digital cameras have seemed more

practical or useful. That I still have it means that I think it offers qualities leading to results that haven't quite been totally replaced. I'm

planning to take

it out today, along with my favorite pocket digital. We'll see if I get it out of the car..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Vivek, your response to Ray's (entirely reasonable) question is nasty for no reason. Your tone typifies much of this

forum lately. If your aim is to communicate to people that they should stay away, and not participate, you are succeeding.

<p>Whether Ray meant to say "Leica M" instead of just "Leica" is irrelevant. People who shoot Leica R (or Leica anything)

could just as easily respond, and say so, without detracting from the original idea of Ray's post.

<p>Don't you have better things to do than lurk around this forum and snipe at people? Honestly...

What digimon said. Moderator please delete Vivek's response as irrelevant and disruptive. He's free to either respond, add

to, or start his own thread. Vivek, give it a rest already. Your constant sniping at me for no reason other than you seem to

have nothing better to do has manifested itself here as a real pain in the ass.

To be a more informative (accurate) poll, I think you need to add E) I use medium format film cameras and haven't used

my Leica within 6 months, F) I use digital cameras as well as medium format film cameras and haven't used my Leica within 6

months, and G) I use digital cameras and haven't used my medium format film camera or Leica within 6

months. There are some other categories as well that might avoid skewed results vis-a-vis Leica use.

Leica is but one instrument that many of us use. Anyways, an interesting question.

After a brief stint with digital including an RD-1 that I sold, I am back using my M6 and M3. Feel much more at home again. This is a really good question. So, I would now have to say A. To add my two cents, I agree that sometimes there is no need for such caustic answers. It would be a joy to see a more friendly atmosphere once again. Cheers.

AAAAAAAAAAA -- I use my four Leicaflexes and my five threadmounts and my "new" M2 (I had forgotten how incredibly smooth

the M2 is!) as much as I can. I have found CVS to be a decent 35mm developer -- they will even give you Matte finish! It's my

lousy HP Officejet 6310 "All in One" Scanner/printer/fax that's crappy. Please recommend a scanner that goes well with an Apple

Macbook.<div>00QcGC-66717784.jpg.6d654813ed1b4c5c8d50eba0df9e5b92.jpg</div>

!@#$%& mouse pad! <p> The above should have read --> C) Sold it to finance a medium format swing lens panoramic camera. Just was not using it - shoot 99% digital in the 35mm format. Kept the 50 Cron tho...I'm sure I’ll get an older M3 one day...if just for poseur rights :-)

Good question. My answer is A, and I like to add that I don't use a digital camera (yet). I simply continue loving the sound of the old M's and the not so old M6TTL that I use, plus I like the concentration on shooting and leave the evaluation of the results later.