what happened to photonet a few days ago?

paul ron

when i started photonet the otherday, i noticed it had an entirely new

look. ive gotten similar occurrences but could always revert to FULL

SITE VIEW. this time i couldnt do anything or even sign in using my email

address and password ive used since 2004. i re registered with a new

password but even then, nothing was accessable.

intried again instead of using my tablet, i tried logging in on my desktop computer and still the same nightmarish photonet.

new software? i hope photonet never changes its format. its so simple to

use as is, why go for glitz n glamour at the cost of losing users?

i see today my account is still in tact and photonet is looking more like

home again.

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Someone must have put a lot of work into a redesign that apparently has been aborted after mass outrage. I saw many negative and critical comments about it, on another site. I rather liked the redesign, even though some functions were no longer available.</p>

<p>I don't think the new design is gone completely. I'd like to see the features that people (at least, Howard!) liked about the new design retained somehow, but way too much old functionality that people relied on was broken. Whether we end up with an incremental change on top of the existing system or whether we end up with the new underlying structure with all the old stuff adequately fixed remains to be seen. I suspect even if a bug-fixed version of the 2.0 roll-out appears without lots of changes to support what is possible in the current interface, there'll be an exodus of active members - I just hope management demands for new users don't make this happen.</p>

<p>for one thing, it did have a nice front page with photos n glitz n glamour. Very impressive but to get out of it was a night mare.. menus were useless since they took you SOMEPLACE other than the familiar forums typical of a forum based site.<br>

Maybe some organizing in all that glitz to make it more user friendly instead of add based?</p>

<p>What really got me was the sign in... I thought I was thrown out because my sign in kept telling me I had the wrong password n my account didnt exisit... I had to re register. Then once in again it was total chaos getting around. NOthing intuative about the new software.</p>

<p>Ive seen this done on another site where administrator upgraded software without beta testing. Even though they introduced a bit at a time, the site became a total night mare of menues with dolled up faces n bugs at every turn. functionality n user friendly was lost.</p>

<p>Ease of use n function seemed irrelevant to the moderators n they still ignore the customers n subscribers recommendations. They are losing user base fast, paying subscribers are leaving in a mass exodus. Waht was once 900,000 has dwindled drastically, and paying customers are telling them they are unhappy n closing accounts in their site problem forums. So many photographers n model have left its a ghost town.</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>My main problem was just get into it. Although being designated "elite member" my password and username were unknown. <br>

Having read many of the comments, I agree that a great number of new features seem to be of quality and deserve to be included in future versions.I have elsewhere suggested to such improvements should be introduced one by one and not included in bigbang version 2.0 or even better 3.0.</p>

<p>I think it's important to differentiate bugs from design changes (although it would be easier if there hadn't been quite so many bugs). Not being able to log in is obviously something that would be fixed. I'm not sure that the change to the forum thread order and visibility was accidental, so that's where I'm putting my feedback.</p>

<p>Since the "nightmare", I am unable to log in using my Samsung Galaxy Note. I get the following message: "The page contains too many sever redirects". Research, including live chat with Samsung, indicates the problem is with Photo.net. BTW, the site words without issue on my desktop. Anyone with similar issues?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Someone must have put a lot of work into a redesign that apparently has been aborted after mass outrage.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'ld just like to know if the person who designed PN 2.0 that went bonkers had it work perfect on their system before releasing out to the general public and if everything worked, what made it work for them and not for us and what device and OS was he/she using?</p>

<p>How does a web site designer not notice all the clunkiness we all experienced a few days ago?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I'ld just like to know if the person who designed PN 2.0 that went bonkers had it work perfect on their system before releasing out to the general public</p>

</blockquote>

<p>There is no way it could have. I 'tested' it using 4 different browsers on 4 different machines running 4 different OS's (Win 7, Win 10, Linux, Android) and it failed in every instance. </p>

<p>My opinion (based on 30+ years of software/systems development and implementation) is that PN2.0 was marginally ready for Alpha testing. The data migration alone was enough to defer it's release without even considering the functionality - or lack thereof.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>What ever the improvements where, they where nullified by the fact that the redesign did not work as intended and stopped people from doing what ever it was they wanted to do at PN. There is no need to put the blame on the developer or any other single person, the biggest mistake was that the go ahead was given on software that obviously was not working as it should. </p>