What Happened To Large Format Photography (DOT) info?

Discussion in 'Large Format' started by drew bedo, Jul 8, 2011.

1. What happened to Large format Photography (DOT) info? The server has been down for several days now . . .anyone know?

2. I heard somebody knocked the server over and smashed it! They said they'd be back as soon as they can get a new one up and running. Hope thats soon!

3. A maintenance crew knocked the machine over and it fell about three feet to the floor.
    There's a replacement on order. They hope to have it up by the 9th, optimistically.
    - Leigh

4. Copied from the Emergency/Temporary server page at LFPF:
    The Large Format Photography server is temporarily offline
    Alas, a maintenance crew knocked our server onto the ground from a height of about 3 feet, and it was badly damaged. A new server has been ordered for rush delivery, but it is unlikely to be installed and configured until 9 July 2011 at the soonest. This is an emergency page on another server; we will keep this information up to date as we know more.
    Thank you for your patience and your understanding​

5. So it is not a hacker attack . . .more like a whac-attack! You would think that the likelyhood of a physical incident would be very low in a data center.
    Thanks for the info.

6. If I understood it correctly, somebody dropped Virtual Machine.
    ;)

7. But it is back now.

8. These things can take a while to sort out. One service provider I know of took around a month IIRC to replace their server. And their service was entirely server dependant.

9. Most everything seems back to normal at LFPF now.
    Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook, A Moderator at LFPF [​IMG]
    As you likely noticed we had a server outage that lasted a few days due to a data center accident. The LF Home Page site and the LF Forum have been recovered up to 3:00am Wednesday, July 6th--the time of our last backup.

Your action may be needed: Any forum change you made--for example posts, PMs, new registrations, user option changes, marked-as-read posts, etc.--between 3am and about 3PM July 6 was lost and cannot be recovered. You will need to manually redo any forum actions you took during that time period.

We apologize for the inconvenience.​