What film camera are you using most often?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>My M4 followed by a Nikon F4, F5, Leicaflex SL2, Nikon F3 and Canon T90. A couple of weeks ago I sold off a Leica R8. I think I have a few too many children, but I just can't seem to get rid of them. All of them are loaded and ready to spring into action depending on the weather and my daily whim.</p>

<p>Nice photo, Paul. For me, it is my IIIf with 35mm f2.5 VC or 12mmf5.6 VC, my RF Mamiya 6 and 50mm or 150mm lens, each with b+w film (FP4, PanF or Tri-X). I have an M4-P and a Fuji GSW690III that have not been getting as much use lately, but that may change this summer, especially for the Fuji and its larger format, as I develop my negs and print my own photos from it. My digital gets used for most family, friends and other color photographs, as I don't have a good enough scanner to shoot color and transform the transparencies to digital format (and the good local E-6 processors are mostly gone, meaning that the exposed films must be sent elsewhere for treatment). </p>

<p>Leica iiif w/5cm summicron collapsible. Really the only film camera I am using these days. </p>

<p>Up until a few months ago I was also using a Leica M6TTL, but then it broke and got sent off for repair, and I just haven't picked it up since I got it back.</p>

<p>Still have quite a few film cameras, F4s, FM2n, Hasselblad 500C/M, F-1n, and a TX, but they're all more or less in storage these days.</p>

<p>Best,<br>

-Tim</p>

<p>Leica M3 SS with DR Summicron with eyes (body 1959, lens 1966) AND Leica M-1(ca. 1959) with 35 f2 black Canon (last version) and 15mm f4.5 Black Heliar using thread to bayonet adapter ( M-1 using Hyperfocal settings and because of 35 frame lines and parallax compensation).</p>

<p>Will probably die with my TLR Rolleiflex in my hands. For some strange reason, I truly feel like a photographer when I'm shooting with it. Years ago, bought a ton of Verichrome Pan and Fuji Provia, hopefully enough to last....Film is my wife. What a wonderful marriage......</p><div>00YyLs-374923584.jpg.954490a3454eadfd3eb34ed5ac917b3b.jpg</div>

<p>Paul, that is a great father-son photograph! My current film camera favorites are: Leica M7, Canon 1V, and Contax G2. I usually use color negative film, but still take some color slide pictures as well. I will miss Fujifilm Astia 100F.</p>