photographers". This is at least the fifth or sixth version of photoshop that

I have owned. I am amazed at what I don't know and am learning from the

tutorial and I find it very useful. However, a lot of the teaching

and "tricks" seem to be about making a picture something different than it

really is. I probably will never use a lot of it because I try to make my

photos, at least marginally, look like they appeared when I shot them. The

most satisfaction that I have had lately has been to find some Velvia MF slides

that I took thirteen years ago and have them scanned. I did nothing to the

colors or exposure and just printed them. A few are posted in my PN portfolio.

I will continue to get as much out of Lynda as I can. I think the quality of

instruction is quite good and very thorough. I will never remember it all any

more than I can remember what's on the menu in my camera. What I have learned

so far are several ways to speed my workflow and I learned a hell of a lot that

I didn't know about Bridge. Overall, from what I have seen Adobe has done a

very good job with Lynda.

I have not tried Lynda's online tutorials, but do remember her first book back in, like, 1994 on creating media driven web pages. I have instead focused on reading and done well, but when I have time (And if any of you can loan me some time) I do intend to check her stuff out. By the way, I am posting because I happened to notice that you (Dick) posted in response to my night sports/monopod question. I want to thank you for your responses and I got a Gitzo basalt monopod and RRS brackets. And my interest in you lies in what you wrote about in your biography and your service in the USAF. Thank you much!

Paul. Lynda is a wierd name. I really did not know about it until I got CS3. There are actually several instructors in large volume of tutorials that show you the photoshop screen in demo. The tutorials cover about almost all Adobe products. You could literally spends six months or more going through all the content. It is a little biased of course in the marketing direction but not bad. You will not regret the monopod. Thanks for your comments. I would have paid the AF to let me fly. It was a great twenty years with great and loyal people.

go for it blindly my friend.

I am a member myself for several month, i learn Lr that way and refresh myself with many others all for 25$ a month. you cant beat the price and the quality of its tutorial. I am a professional photo retoucher and not shy to said that i still learning some stuff everytime, or a t least some new command shortcut : )

Since its free for 30 days..what can go rong?!

I'm working my way through the CS2 dvd that I purchased from Lynda.com. The instructor is an enthusiastic photograher out of california. I got the dvd so that I can haul to work with me, watch during lunch, etc and I can't guarantee that I won't have a month where I don't have any free time to make use of my 25/month. I'm an amateur with PS, but I like the dvd training method so much I may buy the excel version just to see where I could improve, and have been using excel forever. My only gripe is the dvd won't play on my TV/dvd player, but maybe I don't have the proper dvd player. Tom