What did you shoot this past week?

kevin_b5

I had a pretty busy week:

Tuesday - Cross Country Meet. My first time shooting one of those and results were so so.

Thursday - JV football game. Things were fine until skies opened up and poured down on us during 4th quarter.

Friday - Softball game was rained out.

Saturday morning - Volleyball followed by varsity football that night.

This week will be busy as well: Tue - Softball (JV and varsity), Wed - 9th grade football, Thu - JV football, Sat - volleyball and varsity football.<div>00McJv-38614684.JPG.8a5f84eaa0d8dc6511aba6eb89aae401.JPG</div>

Shot a couple of volleyball games. Lighting in these school gyms is terrible, so for the first time, I tried using my Pentax *ist DS rather than my K10D, as the *ist DS seems to handle high ISO better. Also for the first time, tried shooting (almost) entirely manual -- manual exposure (mostly f/1.7 or f/2, shutters around 1/350sec, ISO 1600) and manual focus, too, which was the real challenge. Not surprised that I came up with a number of shots that weren't spot on in terms of focus, but I think I missed fewer shots than I would have missed if using auto-focus, at least with the *ist DS. (The K10D's high-iso performance isn't quite as good but it's auto-focusing is better.) Got a few nice action shots, but the one I'm posting is my favorite shot from the day.<div>00McRm-38618184.thumb.jpg.529c5e97f61967bbfcc744d6867ca969.jpg</div>