What crop sizes do you give clients for digital images?

<p>I'm using Lightroom and have been slicing down the middle and delivering 5x7 ratio images for my digital only workflow to my clients (prints are different). But I'm finding I have to explain 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 aspect ratios and its like talking to my grandmother about widescreen TV, then they leave without really getting it. So whats the best thing to deliver? What is everyone else doing? On top of that I find that on 5x7 I need to just pad the top and bottom of the frames with more empty space to make up for future 8x10 ratio crops.</p>

<p>I'm thinking of delivering 8x10 low res web images and for prints they need to come to me. But that's not my business model and I'm trying to get out of the print business.</p>

<p>It varies with the client's needs. For framed prints, I tell them that sizes 8X10, 11X14, 16X20, etc., refer to the frame sizes and that the actual image size is somewhat smaller. Of course, if you're doing unframed borderless prints on, say, 8X10 paper, that's the size you use...</p>

• 4 weeks later...