but I didnt like the slow speed and I really prefer slide film

anyhow. I had 8 rolls left after the trip and I put them in the

freezer. Since then the film has been discontinued, and since some

people said that was a shame and it was a wonderful film, I saved

it. It is still cluttering my freezer and I dont know what to do

with it. I can, of course, throw it away, but that seems like a bad

idea if it is really such a wonderful film. I dont really want to

shoot it. Any ideas?

What R. T. Dowling said. Go use it! Or find one of these guys that would use it (as opposed to throwing it in THEIR freezers!) and ship it to them.

Save it for umpteen years, and you'll be writing a thread that says "Can anyone tell me where to get C41 process film developed?" Or your heirs will.

Sell it to Carl Zeiss in Germany. They have never found a color film to come close to the 200 lpm resolution for their lens testing since RG25 was tragically removed. Fortunately, my Zeiss lenses (many of which tested at 200 lpm) were made and tested before this great film was gone. Contact Kornelius J. Fleischer at k.fleischer@zeiss.de

And let's all hope that Fuji makes a film in the future that equals it.

I emailed Fuji on trying to make an equivalent to RG 25 in terms of small grain, etc. They said they had no interest in doing so and no plans to in the future.

As for a film thats 200 lines- doesn't Fuji Acros do that? And what about using Tech Pan? Or do they need a color film for a specific reason?

Tech Pan probably has the highest resolution of any film currently available, but if someone needs a film for lens testing purposes, color film might be preferable because different lenses often render colors differently. I recently saw a review that compared a Canon 50/1.8 lens to a 50/1.4 and the 1.4 had brighter, more saturated colors. The difference might not have been discernable with B&W film.