What camera(s) did you use this weekend?

<p>This is always an interesting question because I'm always interested in knowing what you all took out and what made you choose that particular camera. I shot a Minolta XE-7 (whose light meter is slightly off; I have to set the ISO at 200 in order to get ISO 400 readings), a Minolta XD-11 (what a jewel!), a Canon F-1 (my favorite), and a worn but great Canon FTbn. Most of my shooting was in the woods trying to capture the bright greens and all of the standing water from near-torrential rains Friday night. Most of the time was divided between the XE-7 and the FTbn since I just got the XE-7 and wanted to road test it, and I just replaced seals in the FTbn so I wanted to see if they cured the small light leak issue. I took the XD-11 and F-1 out mainly because I just enjoy using them so much. What did the rest of you use over the weekend and what were your subjects?</p>

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Olympus E-510, Olympus OM-1, Canon G9 (IR-modified), Canon G10. Swamp walk in Ferndale, WA and a tour of Westport, WA harbor and Westport State Park The two Canons are almost always along for the ride. The OM-1 is being tested after CLA by Camtech (camera works very well, photographer is slowly relearning film after years of digital) Subjects varied - landscapes, still lifes, abstracts.</p>

<p>Alas, my weekend with a bad eye and all was entirely digital, and with the eye (it's slowly improving) I was very glad for autofocus. (although, as the picture shows, it sometimes ain't all it could be)</p>

<p>Am awaiting some new film with bated breath though, so soon.</p><div>00TO7D-135441884.jpg.61e3ed99bc40e7154ac60a60d4f841ed.jpg</div>

<p>Flowers/plants at conservatory, Volunteer Park, Seattle. Rolleiflex E-2 (Xenotar 3.5) with UC 100, Rolleicord Vb (Xenar) with Velvia 100, Retina IIa (Xenon 50 f2) with Neopan 100. Metz 54 MZ-4i as needed. Beautiful sunny day, most interior shots had optimal lighting. Gossen digital for EV's, bracketed just a few, shot up all three rolls. </p>

<p>No tripods on weekends but there were very few visitors, I'm getting old and shakey so I asked, they said "sure." Stayed out of everyones way pretty well, most said "take your time." Having Panda Labs in Seattle process, I'll scan and edit at home in Oregon, then mail back up for printing. Panda always does an excellent job for me, recommended highly.</p>

<p>Now the excitement builds, waiting to see the results. Hope your shots are all keepers Andy, have a great week.</p>

<p>Patrick </p>

<p>This weekend I had loads of fun! I shot with the good old Polaroid and I shot some black and white (which is kind of unusual for me) with the trust AE-1. I am starting to enjoy black and white occasionally. It is pretty thought provoking. I am more of a Kodachrome guy usually.</p>

<p>I was out just at sunrise (I didn't get myself in gear fast enough to set up what I wanted to) at Bluffers Park again. This time instead of a Fed 5C, I was out with a Nikon FT2 Nikkormat and an f4/200 Nikkor. I did get a couple of nice silhouettes of a bunch of people at the lifeguard's stand against the sunrise as a backdrop. I'm going earler tomorrow morning so I don't waste my time driving there (it's Victoria Day here in Canada and I'm off).</p>

<p>I shot a couple frames only on Bronica SQ-Ai. Most of my time was spent trying to figure out why the AE prism didn't agree with the meters on my other cameras. Finally had my "doh" moment: on my 120 back the little white mark on the ISO dial has the paint all rubbed off, so I was aligning ISO with the only other mark, a green arrow for the exposure composition. Once I read the manual and set the ISO correctly, everything fell in place.</p>

<p>I also shot a couple frames on a Contax 167MT which a friend gave me a couple weeks back.</p>

<p>Finished a roll in a Balda Baldinette and almost in a Bessa I. Then had to stop shooting: burst water heater, flooded basement, plumber, home depot, misery. However, in the evenings, I did fix a jammed shutter in a Contina IIa, adjust a balky Jupiter-8 from my Zorki, and strip five old folders for parts before consigning them to the trash.</p>

<p>Well, my grand daughter got in some time with her <strong>Nikon L35 AW AF</strong> ,1986 age camera. I gave this to her at X-Mas and she's got the hang of using the viewfinder and pressing the shutter down. Aim? ... well, that's another story. She loves the flash and says cheese before every time she takes a shot.<br>

Camera age --------- 22 years +<br>

Photographer age - 2 years 2 months<br /> </p><div>00TO9G-135461584.jpg.6bc73179f9f94d3bfb3ce00677cd831c.jpg</div>

<p>Rolleicord Va with Fuji Acros at Tent Rocks Kasha Katuwe National Monument. Not much careful composing since I was partly in charge of a bunch of cub scouts while hiking there. Also got a few group shots on Fuji Reala there. Justt got done developing the B&W film and it looks like I managed to produce a few keepers.</p>

<p>Two rolls in a Minolta 16II to check out my repair on it. Just for kicks and giggles I adapted one of those .42X aux fisheye lenses to fit it. It looked hilarious on the submini. Also refoamed a Olympus 35 RC and a Oly Pen S 3.5. Got film in the Pen and just now going to load the RC and take it for a walk. If I have the time I'll soup the submini film before I hit the sack.</p>

<p>Finished a roll in the Aires 35-III and loaded the Ricoh Five-One-Nine. Shot some teens making out at the park. Picked up my Nikon FM2n at the repair shop (had a full CLA) and dropped off the Yashica Super Tl with the stuck battery cover and a Nikon F2 for a CLA. The FM2n works like butter now and I could hardly wait to load a roll and shoot some peonies in my backyard. Today I went into town and had lunch with a friend in a local garden where we could shoot florials. A bride was getting photographed and I asked the bride and the photographer if I could take a few frames. The photographer took one look at my Ricoh rangefinder and laughed...both said fine. Clearly there was no fear of competition from this goofy old guy with the antique camera. After lunch I went home to finish my chores but went down to the lake this evening with Suzie and finished off the roll in the Nikon. It is a beautiful evening, here in Lenexa.</p>

<p>Zorki 1 plus retractable Industar 50, Olympus OM1 and Zuiko 50/1.4, Nikon FM2n and Plastic-funtastic Nikkor 50/1.8 and I have in my suitcase Zorki 4 and Jupiter 8. I am in Philadelphia on a trip now and I have already made a coupple of pictures of a cruiser ca 1898 called Olympia.</p>

<p>Friday at the 261st Anniversary celebration of the Royal Dutch Engineers at the Engineer Museum:<br>

Leica IIIa, Elmar 90mm f/4, No2 yellow filter, Fikus hood, Vidom viewfinder, Kodak BW400CN.</p>

<p>Then one rainy trip with the jeep to the Fortress city of Geertruidenberg where I used:<br>

Pentacon Praktica MTL-50 with Industar-61 LZ lens and loaded with Spector 200 Color film.</p>

<p>Also carried my Epson R-D1 around with a Voigtlander 35mm f/1.7 Ultron on both days. And I sold a 1950s Agfa Box camera and a roll of film to a young DSLR shutterbug, I have enough box cameras, and he desperately wanted one.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Last week I re-discovered by Yashica Campus so I took that one out this weekend, shot a roll of old Portra 400BW (or something). And I also used my little Olympus MJU-1 again, it's too new to fit in this forum but it's just one of those point-and-shoot cameras I've learned to love....</p>

<p>Then I've opened many boxes of cameras, sorting out which to keep and which to sell, it's a hard job but well, when one needs more space to live.</p>