What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Finally finished the roll in the Canon Dial 35.

For this weekend I've loaded up my Clarus again. Looks like it'll be nice weather for some hiking/cycling.

[​IMG]

georg_s|1, m42dave, kklow and 5 others like this.
  2. In addition to the Nikon FE 2 I'm running some film through the first 35mm camera I owned: Konica Auto S2.
    image.jpeg
    I bought the camera new in 1974 from my family's camera shop. Still working except counter doesn't reset.

], georg_s|1, kklow and 8 others like this.
  3. One of the downsides of a Leica addiction is that cameras and lenses from other great producers seems comparatively cheap.
    I found this 28/2 on my recent vacation and I only had to think of what a 28mm Summicron would cost to convince myself that this lens was basically free.
    I wanted to be able to shoot wide open, so I deviated from the usual HP5+ and rolled some FP4+ instead. The 1/4000 max shutter speed of the FE2 also provided a little extra exposure flexibility.
    [​IMG]

anthonymarsh, georg_s|1, LMar and 5 others like this.
  4. Nice find, Neils. That top speed of 1/4000 second on the FE 2 has another advantage: ability to shoot with fixed aperture mirror lenses without having to resort to neutral density filters. The 1/250 X-sync speed is nice as well.

5. I'm trying again this weekend with this Zenza Bronica ETRS. I shot a roll during the week with the 40mm f/4 lens, only to discover when I'd developed the film that the shutter in the lens had malfunctioned. So, it's away for repair and I'll try again with this 150mm f/3.5, another very nice lens.

Bronica ETRs copy.jpg

6. James G. Dainis

James G. Dainis Moderator

rick_drawbridge
    You don't have to go out. The photos of your cameras are works of art themselves.I don't think I could make anything look that sharp and clear even with an 8x10 camera.

] and kklow like this.
  7. James G Dainis said:
    Thanks, James. The shot was taken with a Sony A7R fitted with the awesome Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-63 OSS lens, and that's where the credit is due! I'll post a few samples from this rig over in the current weekly thread.

8. I used both of my 4x5s: Nagaoka Seisakusho and Crown Graphic.

I heard one family at Mt. Rainier speaking Japanese, and told them the name of the Nagaoka. You should've seen their eyes light up in surprise and delight!

davidspahr and georg_s|1 like this.
  9. I would like to shoot some more 4x5 too, the Busch Pressman D with Xenar 135/4.7 is more shoulder-friendly than the Arca-Swiss 4x5 monorail.
    And maybe i'll grab just a neat Werra and give it a go.

10. Last weekend I put my first roll through an RB 67 since I got it. I had to spend a few minutes remembering how it operates. I also have a new to me 4x5 I haven’t explored yet.

Rick H.

11. [​IMG]
    I am not sure I have the patience for a Barnack Leica. This weekend I brought out my 21mm which allows me to easily zone focus which makes it slightly more convenient to use.
    It is a charming camera, and fun to use as a throwback to a userinterface invented 100 years ago, but ergonomically it is more a nightmare than a dream come through.

12. ]

]

This weekend Kent goes Russian. He has a Fed 5-V on the way. Industar nifty 50/F2.8, Fujicolor Superia 400 awaits. VladCam's getting a test roll ran through it.

13. I've managed to acquire a tidy 90mm Schneider-Kreuznach f/3.5 lens for the Diax cameras. While I do have a copy, I've never been happy with it's performance, suspecting a degree of de-centering, so I'll be interested to see how this one performs. They just don't make lenses like this, anymore!

Diax 1b copy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    kmac, Julio Fernandez, kklow and 4 others like this.
  14. Loaded with Astrum 200 (135-36), this Fed-3 / Jupiter-8 gets to see some Farmers Market light. Bill 2k19-fed3-DSCF0040 ces23 txt.JPG

bradleycloven, LMar, ] and 3 others like this.
  15. leotax03.jpg

Probably won't get to finish the roll before the weekend, so it's coming with me to the coast.
    Leotax F with 5cm f/3.5 Simlar. Loaded with Double-X

luis triguez, kklow, kmac and 3 others like this.
  16. I've used a Werra Rangefinder last weekend: unfortunately this wonderful camera is in need of a CLA.
    The leafshutter stayed open on some frames and 2/3 of the roll is completely overexposed.
    A Fujica GL 690 worked perfectly fine and a M6TTL too.

17. To me the FE represents a high point in Nikon SLR design. I shot a roll of FP4 Plus with this old favourite during the week, and the results were so consistently good, and I enjoyed the experience so much, that I may take it out again this weekend.

Nikkon FE copy.jpg

kklow, NHSN and James Bryant like this.
  18. Now using the Konica Auto S1.6 (big brother to Auto S2)
    image.jpeg
    Loaded with Kentmere 100

Julio Fernandez, kklow, NHSN and 5 others like this.