What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Yeah, the AIS lenses are sooo smooth. The 35/1.4 is exactly the same.

if you get them in really clean shape, many of the AI lenses, the 135/2.8 and 200mm f4 I’m thinking of in particular, are extremely smooth and on a just-higher build level than the later AIS lenses. In the case of a 35mm f2 or 1.4 though, the AIS’s would be my choice

Fiddlefye likes this.
  2. Just for the hell of it I've loaded a film into this Zeiss Ikon Ikonette 35 (type 500/24). I last used it about 5 years ago and I recall it took very good photographs with it's 45mm f/3.5 Nova lens. It was aimed directly at the feminine market, as much a fashion accessory as a camera, but it suffered from mechanical and light-leak issues and wasn't a great commercial success. Sure is pretty, though...

Zeiss Ikon Ikonette.jpg

3. James G. Dainis

James G. Dainis Moderator

Rick, I always appreciate the set ups you make with your camera photos. The rose is a nice touch with the "feminine market" Ikonette

Julio Fernandez likes this.
  4. Thanks, James, having spent many hours in the past photographing small products for advertising, it's sometimes a little hard to restrain myself. Incidentally, many of the camera pics I've posted on this forum can be found, at a slightly larger size, here:

The Cameras

James Bryant likes this.
  5. Very nice collection.

6. James Bryant said :
    Thank you James, I'm pleased you approve, Nothing of much value, but an interested assemblage...

7. image.jpeg
    A combination I use often. Film is FP4+

kklow, luis triguez, NHSN and 3 others like this.
  8. AGFA BILLY COMPUR FOMAPAN 100

20210525_110354.jpg

Fiddlefye, NHSN, cameragary and 2 others like this.
  9. AJG

AJG

I hope to get out there with this: Contax II:OrthometarPNet.jpg

Contax II withZeiss 3.5 cm viewfinder and newly overhauled 3.5 cm f/4.5 Orthometar.

10. Along with the 6x9 BILLY COMPUR IKOFLEX I 850/16 FPS CIRCA 1947 ILFORD HP5 400 PLUS

20210527_152833.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  11. My wife and I are going on a little road trip to Stratford, ON this Sunday for a little outdoor meet-up picnic and stroll with a friend who lives about the same distance away, but in a completely different direction. All three of us will be taking digital Nikons (DX for my wife, FX for our friend and I). My friend is also (with my encouragement) going to give his new-to-him Minolta Autocord an outing so I'll bring along my 3.5 Xenotar Rolleiflex to be kinda matchy-matchy. Close as I can get, anyway!
    DSC_6767.jpg

12. It looks as if the rain is going to set in tonight and the prospects for the weekend are bleak, so I hurriedly finished a film this afternoon in this Minolta Maxxum 7000i, fitted with the Minolta 28-85m f/3.5-4.5 lens. Hopefully there might be something to post tomorrow.

Minolta Maxxum 7000i copy.jpg

kklow, Fiddlefye, cameragary and 3 others like this.
  13. Contax T2 and Olympus Mju: Zoom 115
    Two cameras from 1991 and 1997 respectively that I would never have purchased given the crazy prices they command, but never-the-less now mine because they were recently gifted to me.
    The T2 was defective and the owner refused dealing with selling it. I accepted them only because he threatened to trash them otherwise. I guess I am now indebted somehow!
    It turned out that the T2 suffered only from a lazy shutter which was easily repaired.
    From my initial handling of both, I can safely say that I will not become friends with the Olympus, but the Contax could be a nice travel companion.
    Both cameras require DX coded film cartridges and the only such film in the house is Fujifilm C200, thus that's the film I'll run through them this weekend.
    BTW, I was surprised to find out that the Adox and Formapan rolls I had recently purchased didn't have DX coding!?
    And a Post Scriptum: The Contax looks and feels nice, but after you open it up you'll see a lot flexboards etc fitted with glue and tape and some respect is lost - not a pretty sight.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  14. Looking forward to seeing your results, NHSN. Never tried the Olympus Zoom 115, but I would guess maximum aperture at 115mm would be rather slow. In Olympus I prefer the single focal length Stylus Epic with its 35mm f 2.8. At the end of their production they went for around 80 USD. Glad you got the Contax working.

stuart_pratt and NHSN like this.
  15. Feeling like shooting a roll of my cold-stored Panatomic-X. Here is the camera I'll be using.
    upload_2021-5-29_8-47-34.jpeg
    PG designation (for those new to Minoltas) means the lens has 7 elements in 5 groups.

16. The exploded diagram does not appear to be an M-3

17. I have no knowledge of KODAK double x. Some info please?

18. I have the same combo, same with me had to have it. Body bought from a major photo store rated inoperable for $119.00. Removed the after market soft shutter adapter and as I thought it works like new.

19. I've seen prices for the ABLON $150.00 and higher.There is a copy of the ABLON sold on E-Bay for under $30.00. I bought one it works very well.

20. I might have grabbed the wrong diagram. Sorry.