What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Nikon chrome FM2n. I often use it with slide film. p298.jpg

2. I acquired a Olympus Winder 2 for the OM cameras, making them a much better size and weight for my rather large hands. I'll try it out tomorrow along with the Zuiko 35-105mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.

Olympus OM-44 copy.jpg

3. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I just received a Nikon F3HP w/ MD4 motor drive, purchased from usedphotopro.com. I'll load it up with a test roll of T-Max 100 and see how it does.

Fiddlefye, cameragary and NHSN like this.
  4. I didn't now about usedphotopro.com until not so long ago.

Last month I bought a D1X from them for $42.
    (Not including battery or charger.)

It didn't include the eyepiece or the little flaps that cover the connectors, but I
    had a non-working D1, so I moved them from there. Also the strap.
    (Funny having a D1 strap on a D1X.)

They had more of them, but maybe not now.

It seems that the new price was over $5000, so a pretty good discount.

cameragary and NHSN like this.
  5. Another roll of HP5 on the go in the SL66 and loaded a roll in this combo in case I'd like a change of pace. I'm kinda on a roll with the Rollei at the moment, though.
    _ND30781.jpg

6. It will wake up your wife, and she will be angry - speaking from experience.

7. image.jpeg The Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 with compact and light Phoenix 100 mm f 3.5 Macro.

], MarcelRomviel, Fiddlefye and 7 others like this.
  8. Finished film in Yashica this afternoon and processed it. Here's fine tele that I haven't used in a while.
    upload_2021-4-25_18-40-40.jpeg
    I will probably use in on my XE-5 since there's already a roll of FP4+ in it. Back in the day the 135mm tele was often suggested to new SLR owners as the next lens to buy. Packages (today its bundling) might have an SLR, normal lens, and a choice of either a 135 or 35. While not as fast as its f 2.8 sibling, the f 3.5 version performs well. Minolta offered a kit with the Celtic version of this lens and SRT 200 (with flash and bag) at an attractive price.

9. ]

]

I shot around 7 frames of Fujicolor Superia 400 in my Olympus 35RC about 2 hours ago. Flower pictures in the garden I share with my Mom.

LMar and cameragary like this.
  10. I found a tiny Summaron 3,5cm 1:3.5 that I put to use the past weekend.
    It was really my intention to shoot HP5+ to see if those brass FILCA reloadable cassettes works as intended, but the weather was beautiful and all the fruit trees were blooming, so I dug out a roll of Fujifilm C200 and hope it is not too old.
    [​IMG]

LMar, ], MarcelRomviel and 7 others like this.
  11. upload_2021-4-30_17-6-2.jpeg
    Konica IIB-m

12. This morning the courier dropped off this little Vivitar Series 1 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 lens, and as soon as the weather clears I'll take it out with the Minolta Dynax 7 seen here.

Minolta Alpha 7 copy.jpg

LMar, MarcelRomviel, kklow and 6 others like this.
  13. Rather than carry a zoom or two lenses (wide and tele) I'm using my Minolta XE-5 with 135mm f 3.5 MD Rokkor for my tele shots and my Rollei B35 for a wider view. XE-5 on neck strap and B35 on belt case. Both loaded with Ilford FP4+.

luis triguez, LMar and cameragary like this.
  14. Two 3F red dial 50mm F 2 SUMMITAR black dial 90mm F4 ELMAR 400 PORTRA

20210502_110902.jpg

], LMar, MarcelRomviel and 6 others like this.
  15. Omission! red dial loaded with TRI-X

LMar likes this.
  16. Minolta35F_02.jpg

Cleaned, repaired and tested this Minolta-35 model F for someone last weekend.
    Was full of shreds of film and had a torn shutter curtain strap.
    Shot a partial roll of Agfa APX 100 with it.

17. A little something arrived in the mail this morning, just in time for a couple of rainy days - a Nikonos II. For some time now I've wanted a camera to take on walk-arounds in weather when I'd not normally want to take a camera with me. Interesting things appear on dreary, wet and snowy days as well after all. I gather the 35 f2.5 lens is based on the rangefinder Nikkor and is excellent. I was particularly pleased that the lens came with the rubber shroud/hood as it will certainly help keep the elements off the elements - so to speak... I've given it a bit of a clean, had my tech check the shutter speeds (all excellent) and it is now loaded with some HP5. Rain, snow, sleet or hail...
    _DSC2482.jpg

18. I went out last weekend, again, with the D1X and Lytro Illum.
    I haven't yet tried to extract and process the Illum images.

LMar and Fiddlefye like this.
  19. Yashica T2 loaded with Kodak Ultramax 400

LMar, Fiddlefye and luis triguez like this.
  20. If I can find an appropriate 6-volt battery, this one
    Praktica-BX20-w55-200-AF-147.jpg
    Praktica BX20 w Prakticar 55-200mm AF