What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Great looking FRI, Rick. We sold the FR, FRI, and FRII at the family camera shop. My favorite was the FR with its "match LED" exposure. It would also accept the infrared remote that was made for the Contax RTS. The FR fetches the highest prices on the used market with the FRII (aperture priority, no manual) being the lowest priced. The FRI is probably the best value. Regardless of choice, the ability to use Contax lenses as well as C/Y mount Yashica lenses is a great feature.
    Looking forward to seeing your images.

cameragary likes this.
  2. Already Friday again! I was just
    notified that my serviced Leica IIIF w Elmar 50/3.5 is on its way back to me. In anticipation, I brought out my M2 w. Summicron 50/2 to re-climatize myself to the 50mm focal length. Not my most used focal length, but one from which I strangely like the results more than I like to use the actual lens (If that even makes sense).
    The IIIF will be new to me as I have never used a Barnack Leica before. So, a weekend in anticipation :)
    [​IMG]

3. Newly serviced ME Super with a newly purchased Tamron SP 28-80mm.
    20210319_170254.jpg

LMar, cameragary, Fiddlefye and 5 others like this.
  4. Load with a test roll of Astrum Foto-400 @ 250asa. Hopefully the Fed-3 Red.JPG Sunday market weather forecasts will hold. Aloha, Bill

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  5. Before starting a roll in the Minolta XE, I realized I had a new roll in my SRT 101 so I'm finishing it first. Currently I have the Rokkor MD 100 f 3.5 Macro attached.

NHSN likes this.
  6. Shot some Fomapan 100 film with the Ensign De-Luxe and a Balda Super Baldax on Friday.
    Shot some Kodak Double-X film with a Leica I today (Now fully serviced and re-skinned)...

[​IMG]

LMar, kklow, Mike Gammill and 5 others like this.
  7. Just got an olympus. Zuiko 200mm telephoto in nice condition for 10 bucks.i paid 10 bucks for the camera also so for 20.00 I got the camera that works great and 2 lenses.cant complain so this weekend I'll give it a workout 20210324_190654.jpg

LMar, kklow, James Bryant and 3 others like this.
  8. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I have my F3HP loaded with Velvia 100 that I'm going to shoot with (if it doesn't rain all day).

cameragary likes this.
  9. [​IMG]

My IIIf and Elmar 5cm/3,5 (1955) came back from service yesterday. I never got a chance to use it with film after I bought it, so I am quite excited. As a matter of fact, this is my first time to shoot with a Barnack Leica which doesn’t lessen the thrill, of course.
    Loaded w HP5+ as always.

10. A favourite combo this weekend, a trusty old Canon A-1 with a 28-90mm Vivitar Series 1 f/2.8-3.5 lens.

Canon AA1 copy.jpg

11. This one's due for an outing:
    upload_2021-3-31_16-29-19.jpeg
    Haven't decided on film yet, but I really like the Zuiko 35mm f 2.8 as a walking around lens.

LMar, kklow, luis triguez and 4 others like this.
  12. I'll be playing with the new toy and a couple of it's lenses.

Olympus OM-4 copy.jpg

LMar, kklow, cameragary and 3 others like this.
  13. Nikon F, Nikon's first SLR introduced in 1959. p297.jpg

LMar, Julio Fernandez, kklow and 4 others like this.
  14. Fujica G617 for some spring time panoramas

NHSN likes this.
  15. Fujica G617 for some spring time panoramas

cameragary likes this.
  16. Weekend starts early this week due to national holidays

I hope this 30 years old Nikon F801s/N8008s qualifies as a classic camera.

It came in a box with misc. Nikon accessories, apparently not assigned any value. An online check confirms that it isn’t worth much in $.

It does have a nice heft and is highly capable as one would expect from a prosumer camera from Nikon.

I’ll check it out with the included 35-70 AF zoom nikkor and I will also check how it works with Ai lenses.
    [​IMG]

LMar, kklow, Mike Gammill and 2 others like this.
  17. Wow, that's a beauty. Fujica/Fujiflm makes some interesting cameras.

18. Could've sworn I posted this a couple of days ago...

I've got a roll of Fomapan 100 in this Franka Rolfix that I've repaired a few weeks ago.

It was part of the 'payment' for a CLA of a couple of old folders for a friend.
    There was a tiny crack in the edge one of the shutter blades that snagged one of the others as it passed over it. This stopped the shutter from closing fully, locking it up completely.
    Someone had clearly been forcing them apart with a sharp object. I hammed the blades as flat as I could and put them back in such an order that they didn't interfere with the cracked one. Cleaned the aperture blades and glass surfaces.
    [​IMG]

Ready to rock!
    [​IMG]

LMar, Julio Fernandez, kklow and 5 others like this.
  19. beautiful, gorgeous, lovely!

NHSN and James Bryant like this.