What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Nikkormat EL with Nikkor 50mm f2 or Canon A1 with 35-70 f4 or maybe both, weather permitting.

2. Switched over to the 58mm f 1.4 MC Rokkor to finish the roll in the SRT 101. Haven't decided what to use next.

3. Two cameras will be in use this weekend: Konica Auto S 1.6 and Pentax Spotmatic F. Will start with the excellent 50mm f 1.4 Takumar, but may use the 28mm and 35mm lenses too. Kentmere 100 in the Konica Plus-X in the Pentax.

4. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

If the weather cooperates, I have some Nikon FA and FE bodies to test. I'll be using Kentmere 100 film for the tests.

5. I thought I might run a film through one of these old Agilux Agifold cameras. I recall the last time I attempted this the film was badly scratched, and now I can't remember which camera I used. Grrrr...

Agilux Agifold

Agfold Pnet.jpg

6. Nice examples, Rick. I hope you can identify the one that scratched the film without sacrificing a roll of film.

7. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Wiping a microfiber terry cloth along the inside surfaces of the camera is a good way to find tiny burrs that can cause scratches.

8. I think I'll break out a couple of F2 bodies and my recently acquired 35-135 and 35-105, HP-5.

Rick H.

9. Use that film that's already scratched. Then it won't matter which camera is the culprit :)

10. Sheer brilliance Dave, I can't believe I never thought of that... I remember going over the camera with various polishing substances at the time, but I was unable to discover anything that looked like the source of the abrasions.

11. Well, brilliance or madness. It's often hard to tell them apart. :) I like m42Dave's idea of using microfiber terry cloth. That stuff snags on everything.

12. I finished a roll of Velvia 100 in a FM2n this morning and later took the F6 for a walk.

13. F-1n with 50mm f1.4 and might use 24mm f2.8 and 80-200 f4L. Shooting Legacy Pro 100 (Acros)
    Have HC110 and D76 with Rodinal on the way. Never could get good contrast with HC110.

14. Shot a few frames of Double-X in a Nicca 3-f.

15. Thinking about running a roll of film through my Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 with 45mm f 2.8 Carl Zeiss lens. Film will be Plus-X. Also might use the 24mm f 2.8 Vivitar and 100mm f 3.5 Phoenix macro.

16. A Mamiya 330s with 55, 80, 135 and 180mm lenses, Ilford FP4 b&w film.

Ranssu1 likes this.
  17. Nikon FE2 with Zoom-Nikkor 35-70 1: 3.5. The last 35-70 to test. Should be an excellent lens.

18. Decided to wait on using the Yashica. Ran a roll of Plus-X through Minolta XE with Tamron 35-80 attached. Finished that roll and plan to start another roll tomorrow. I really like the continuous focusing at 80mm from infinity down to close focus range. Probably have a roll of HP5+ in my little Rollei 35.

19. Nikon FM2n, 50mm f/1.8 AIs, 24mm f/2.8 AI-ed.

Last 4 rolls of Velvia, 5 of Provia, and 3 of Portra 160.

20. Giving a couple of my favourites an exercise, the Minolta SR-T 202 fitted with the excellent Minolta MD 35-70mm f/3.5 lens. I've posted a few samples over on the current weekly thread.

Minolta SR-T 202

Minolta srt 202 Pnet.jpg

Mike Gammill and Moving On like this.