What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Finished and processed the roll of Eastman 5222 that I shot in my Ricoh KR5 Super II. Instead of the Rikenon 50mm f2 I shot most with a Pentax 135mm f3.5 with a K2 filter. Also took a couple of images with the Tamron 24mm f2.5 Adaptall II. Now, back to the Olympus 35 RC.

2. Probably none (just the smartphone), but if I find a bit of time, probably my Canonet QL17, which has cheap, expired Kodak ColorPlus 200 loaded. I was hoping for this weekend to run a roll of Agfa Precisa CT100 through one of my SLRs, but other things came up. Hopefully next week will bring equally nice weather.

3. Leica IIIf 50 Summitar 2.0
    Delta 400 Leica IIIf.jpg

4. Sony A7

5. [​IMG]
    Meopta Mikroma 16mm still camera

6. An early result from my weekend photos. I'll save the others for the weekend (or weekly thread)
    upload_2017-5-28_15-15-27.jpeg
    Ricoh KR5 Super II with Pentax 135mm f3.5. Eastman 5222

LMar and kenkuzenski like this.
  7. Weather wasn't ideal but managed to do a test shoot of my newly acquired Nikomat EL.

8. My weekend is starting late but the plan is to pack an FT-2 and a recently acquired F2 and see what I find.

Rick H.

9. Hi Rick

Your photo of the T70s look great. I have not heard too much about T70. Any comparison with T90?

Bruce

10. Bruce, the T90 is a quantum leap above the T70 in terms of electronic sophistication ( and the current asking price for a tidy T90 reflects this). To me, the T90 foreshadows the modern Canon DSLRs, and it was the last to use the FD lens mount. The T70 is rugged and easy to use, reliable and ergonomically preferable to the curvy T90, in my opinion, and the big, bright uncluttered viewfinder is a delight, along with a feather-touch shutter release. A good example is also easy to come by at a quarter the price of a T90. It's just a a fine camera for a photographer who wants to compose images and nail them without being too burdened down by a plethora of choices.

Have a look at : Canon T70 Camera

11. Another vote for Canon T70. Nice grip, adequate heft, bright viewfinder, and simple controls make it a real pleasure to use. I think I got mine in excellent condition for $10 or less.

ralf_j. likes this.
  12. And another consideration for potential Canon users: The manual focus Canon (FD mount, etc.), like the MInolta MD, is an "orphaned mount" meaning no new gear or lenses are produced in that mount by the original manufacturer. Often this means bargain prices. My wife has an old Canon AL-1 (focus assist lamp) that she bought back in the 80's. She has the standard 50mm FD and a Sigma 70-210 f4-5.6. I must repair the battery door on it and get it working.
    BTW, one of my favorite older Canon SLR's is the FT-b. Pretty much any Canon lens (FD, FL, even breech lock) work just fine with it. And batteries only power the meter.

13. I have several cameras loaded with film, but my Pentax MX is closest to hand and will probably be the first I'll grab if the mood takes me. I have a few exposures left on a roll of Tri-X in it.
    I recently replaced a broken battery door on an A-series Canon. I found the replacement door on eBay for a few bucks. It's a bit fiddly to replace, but do-able.

You and I have the same favorite old Canon. I have a soft spot in my heart for the FTb. Even though I'd been shooting with A-series Canons for a while, once I bought my first FTb, it really changed my approach to photography. I like to say the FTb taught me how to be a photographer. And of course it's the perfect stepping stone to the original F-1, still my all-time favorite 35mm SLR.

Hey you T70 fans! I bought my T70 for one reason -- it has a Partial metering pattern, so that means it meters in a similar fashion to the FTb and original F-1 -- still my favorite metering pattern. Everything else about the camera is just gravy.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  14. Just finished a roll with the FM2n and a ZF 25mm lens.

chuck_foreman|1 likes this.
  15. This one ,
    34532641586_b139c4c097_z.jpg
    Daiichi Kogaku Zenobia

gary green, LMar and bertliang like this.
  16. [​IMG]
    Robot Royal model III rangefinder
    Image size 24x24mm

LMar and bertliang like this.
  17. Shot a roll with a No.2 Folding Pocket Kodak over the weekend....(and quite a bit more with my Leica M-E)

18. Here at midweek I'm finally trying out a 105mm f2.5 Tamron Adaptamatic. It's attached to my Minolta SRT SCII which is loaded with FP4+. I will be using stop-down metering as the mount is an SR mount. I'd forgotten that the Adaptamatic mounts are a bit more finicky to adjust than they look, but once mounted they work fine.

19. June 3 & 4. Aloha, Bill DSCF6643-horz.jpg

robertgiles and LMar like this.
  20. Last week from these cameras. Kentmere 400 (36x reloads in both) OA & V600 scans. Aloha, Bill 2k17-055-012 ces5 bc 4x6-horz.jpg

LMar likes this.