What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. NHSN likes this.
  2. Used a Kodak (Folmer&Schwing Div.) "Top-Handle" Speed Graphic over the weekend, and a VPK, and shot a few frames with a Steky III (now that the lens has been cleaned).

Still have half a roll of cut 16mm film in the Steky.

No plans for the upcoming weekend, yet.

3. I'll definitely be using a Zorki 4 this weekend, as it's been in my possession for a decade and never had a film in it.
    About time it got used.

4. Newly arrived Ricohflex New Dia with Riconar 80/3.5.

D141D1E7-0BC0-47F8-9BCB-CB7982FAB7AE.jpeg

5. I've freed up the sticky shutter in this pretty little Agfa Karat 36 and I'll try it out this weekend. The 50mm Solinar f/2.8 lens is a good performer.

Agfa Karat 36 #2.jpg

6. I don’t have photos of them but I broke out an RB67 and finally finished up a roll in my Contax RTS today. Both are quite pleasant to use and I feel the need to use some b&w chemistry and get my safelights warmed up.

Rick H.

7. This weekend I've been mostly testing NHSN's Contax IIa :)

ContaxNiels.jpg

I think it's about ready to return to its master.

Also filled up the roll in the Steky III and loaded and shot with an EXA armed with a 135mm f/4 Sonnar.

8. Looking great :)!

9. The shutter release was still a little iffy on Saturday morning. I gave it a bit more exercise and loaded it up with Rollei Retro 80s.
    Camera never missed a beat (or a frame). Unfortunately I can't revive the meter. It looks like the cell is dead.

NHSN likes this.
  10. Sounds amazing, Rick.
    Maybe there is a business opportunity in converting the III and IIIa hump to hold a VC meter inside? ;-)

11. Today was cloudy and I seized the opportunity to exercise my 12mm lens. Due to its extreme coverage, contrast is very difficult to control, especially in bright sun.

I forgot to bring film but I am fortunate to have a lab nearby.
    They had just received delivery of Fuji color film.
    I bought Superia Xtra 400 and noticed with sadness that Fuji 200 is now the same rebranded Kodacolor Gold as in North America.
    I wonder if C200 is dead and buried now?
    [​IMG]
    Leica MDa w 12mm 1:5.6

12. Have done nothing for quite a while. Age impact on lower back and legs restricts activity. However I will return! FX3 loaded with Kentmere 100 and wearing a new to me Vivitar Series 1 28-105 f2.8-3.8. I have never been a lover of zooms, much preferring fixed length lenses. However the advantage of hauling 1 camera/lens around instead of a bag full of lenses, filters, etc. has become apparent. Look forward to posting in the near future.

m42dave, cameragary, kmac and 2 others like this.
  13. Been working on reviving a few more Contax cameras over the week, but decide to load up something a bit less complex for this week/weekend

MimosaII_04.jpg

14. A more modern entry for the next few day:
    image.jpeg
    The 50mm F 2.8 macro is my favorite lens to use with this camera. Loaded with HP5+.

Fiddlefye, NHSN, luis triguez and 2 others like this.
  15. My Contax IIIa is back from @Rick_van_Nooij ‘s SPA.
    It works perfectly (and not only when holding the camera upside down as before) so my Sonnar 50mm 1:1.5 now has a film home!

Film for the upcoming weekend is Ilford FP4+ and I hope for a few cloudy days so I can shoot a little with the lens wide open.

Thanks Rick!

[​IMG]

16. You're very welcome :)

The 135mm f/4 Sonnar you included as a gift has had the internal lens surfaces cleared of haze and the focus helicoid has been freed. I'll have to play with it soon.

NHSN likes this.
  17. Retina IIIc wlth Rodenstock Heligon 2/50 loaded with HP5 Plus

BB0CD632-BED4-48DD-851E-57809B852053.jpeg

18. Leica IIIa and Contax 2a. Leica with post war coating and modern F stops. Contax with 85mm Nikkor copy of Sonnar.

Fiddlefye likes this.
  19. A Zenit ET with a takumar. Lens needed cleaning, but camera is surprisingly in good condition and a reasonably bright viewfinder for a commie SLR.

5502BE21-C3BE-4EC9-982F-FEC48FE5D8B1.jpeg

20. Nikon F2S loaded with PanF.
    _DSC7085.jpeg