What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Nikon F6 with Zeiss Otus 85mm f1.4 lens. This is my only APO lens. p319.jpg

Fiddlefye, mjferron, kklow and 3 others like this.
  2. And what a gorgeous lens that is! I imagine it is quite a workout to carry around?

luis triguez likes this.
  3. Wonderful combination there, James! This Yashicamat 124 G was included with a few TLR cameras I received a week ago. I don't like the 124G as much as it's predecessor, the Yashicamat 12, which had fewer plastic components and hadn't been "glamourised" with the black finish; they are basically the same camera with the 124G accepting both 220 and 120 film as opposed to the 12's 120 only, not a huge advantage in this day and age! I'm running a film but I'll probably move the camera on.

Yashicamat 124G.jpg

4. I'm always amazed at the high regard this model brings. Like your Yashicamat 12, I have a similar vintage Yashica Mat 124. It too has the Yashinon, meter and 120/220 but is not a " G "designated model and doesn't have the plasticy pieces etc . Because of this.. it will not bring the return this miodel will bring.

Last edited: May 14, 2022 at 8:02 AM
    Fiddlefye likes this.
  5. This week (and next) it is “The Beast”, a Contarex that was my late father’s pride. I plan to use the Planar, Distagon 35mm and Sonnar 135mm. Loaded with last roll from FP4+ bulk.

[​IMG]

luis triguez, Fiddlefye, NHSN and 4 others like this.
  6. Shot some Rollei Retro 80s with my go-to Leica IIIc over the weekend,
    And loaded up an Olympus PEN-F, but didn't get around to shooting with it.

Next weekend I'll have more opportunities; another Photo Walk with a few fellow film photographers and a World War 1 living history event.
    Will need to load up a period correct camera for that last one.

Fiddlefye likes this.
  7. Finished all of the rolls that were on the trot so started one of HP5 in the Hasselblad 500C/M - 100 f3.5 Planar pairing.
    _DSC5872 (1).jpeg

James Bryant, Mike Gammill and NHSN like this.
  8. This Tokina RMC 35-135mm f/3.5-4.5 one-touch zoom arrived with a camera I recently bought. Some of the early Tokinas I've come across have proved to be good performers and initial tests on a Sony digital suggest that this could be one of them. Well built and nicely finished, the lens zooms to a 1:4 image ratio without additional buttons or catches, giving it a very usable close-focus potential. I've fitted it to the old favourite Minolta SRT-202 and when the rain stops I'll run a film.

Minolta SRT 202 copy.jpg