What camera(s) are you using this weekend?

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, May 26, 2017.

1. Not decided yet, but the usual mix of classic and modern film gear. I've been enjoying using the C35V so I may put a roll in it. The 8000i still has a roll of Eastman 5222 that I will probably finish. The stand developing Rolleipan 25 worked well so may try that again soon.

raghu_kuvempunagar likes this.
  2. I'm trying out my first Leica-ish camera... a Leitz Minolta CL with Voigtlander Nokton 40mm 1.4.

3. Like Mike I'm yet to decide, but I liked Zeiss Icarex TM + Meyer Optik Oreston combination that I used last week. Nice viewfinder, good heft and solid metal feel. I've spent my last roll of Arista Edu 400 and hence might have to use color film.

4. I am going to paint the town with "The Red's". Bill DSCF6626-horz fed2-iso3.jpg

James Bryant and davidscott like this.
  5. Streamlining my photo outings this weekend: Rollei B35 and Konica C35V, both with FP4+. May also take along one of my Minolta SRTs with compact Sigma 135mm f3.5 Mini-tele for those distance shots. Wide open, the f3.5 135 lenses from most camera makers probably perform better, but at mid apertures it does quite well. I think my copy in MD mount only cost about 12 USD from KEH a few years back. I also got a NOS copy in OM mount for only 20 USD plus shipping.

6. Continuing a burst of interest in my MF's. This time with the ETRSi and Acros. Wind-on/Cocking problems traced to a bad Film Back. Intend this to be a test of a different Back. Hope it works or else $100 for a replacement body.

7. I'm hoping to finally get to shoot my RB67, this weekend.

8. I have, I believe, a Canon IID2. It isn't so easy to tell some of the II models apart.

The shutter seems fine, though on the slowest speeds, it seems to me that timing doesn't start until you release the button.
    I have been using mostly 60 and 125.

Right now, a roll of PHR.

9. A new early Fed2 with an Industar 61 lens that I just received from the Ukraine
    I have Kentmere 100 12 exposures loaded from bulk for the initial test drive

10. Probably this one with some Ferrania P30

[​IMG]

11. Olympus OM-1 with G. Zuiko 35mm f 2.8. Loaded with Ilford FP4+.

12. Nikon FE + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 AFD + Kentmere 400.

13. Fed 2 and Canon 50mm with FOMA 400.

14. Pentax KX (film version) with Ferrania P30 (EI50) and a Konica FT-1 with Ultrafine Extreme 100

15. Finished up the film in the OM-1. For today a pair of macro set-ups: Minolta SRT 101 with 100mm F3.5 Macro MC Rokkor and for modern Pentax ZX-7 with Pentax FA 50mm f2.8 Macro. For quick photos I'm keeping my Konica C35V handy. The Minolta has Tri-X and the Konica has Ilford FP4+. Haven't loaded the ZX-7 yet.

16. This is more of an after-action debriefing than a prediction. I finally got to shoot my RB67, for the first time. I managed to be in the right place at the right time to shoot one of the coolest buildings in the state, which was also a first for me.

After much consideration, trying different vantages, waiting for people to move cars out of the way, changing lenses twice and viewfindersweet once, I finally got to focus carefully, lock down the camera and the tripod, and squeeze off the first shot. Then I moved to the other side of the building and took another shot. In the process of taking that one, I realized that I had underexposed the first one quite badly. And one or more of the umpteen safety interlocks prevented me from making a third exposure. :confused:

17. Used my M3 /Summicron and Portra 160 at a summer party in the shade. We will see....

18. Switched from the 100mm macro on the SRT 101 and took a few solar eclipse photos with Tamron Adaptall 500mm mirror lens and my Celestron mylar solar filter. Maybe tomorrow I will have some to post. Had to shoot a few digital for the local newspaper. Used my old 500mm f8 preset with solar filter for that.

19. Heading out of Puget Sound to Spokane for two days of racing (26 & 27). Fed's & K1000 kit are going with me. Bill K1000-horz-horzz-horz.jpg

20. Fuji GS645W + Arista Edu Ultra 400
    Nikon FE + Kentmere 400