What camera does Annie Liebovitz use?

mario_henriquez

<p>I've seen photos of her with a Hasselblad, an RZ67, a Nikon digital, a Canon digital, some digital back on a Mamiya, random 35mm P&S - I think the answer is, she's Annie Leibovitz and she'll use whatever camera she darn well pleases. She puts so much thought into setting up a shot, she'd be getting brilliant photos with a Fuji Quicksnap. I have an RZ67 and I couldn't do what she does. </p>

<p>She had an RZ67 phase, at least in the early 90s...Bob Shell's 1992 book, Mamiya Medium Format Systems, includes some of her celebrity pictures, all "Copyright 1991" and all shot using an RZ67. She also seems to have had a thing for very grainy colour film...perhaps Agfachrome 1000RS, or Konica SRG 3200, which were the medium-format speedsters of the era.</p>

<p>In the recent book, Annie Leibowitz at Work, she discusses her equipment. She used Mamiya RZ for a long time but seems to have now moved more to Canon 1Ds. She also used Leica M6 sometimes, but rarely it seems. She started with a Minolta SRT (or was it Pentax Spotmatic, can't remember right now), but then quite soon moved to Nikon F since that was what all photojournalists used at the time. She started with Hasselblad in medium format, for the John Lennon picture for example, but them moved to Mamiya.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"It's not the ships, it's the men in them."</p>

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p>Anyone here know what brand of paint brushes Picasso used?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You misunderstood. My question had nothing to do with "getting what she uses in order to become great;" it was simple curiosity. I saw the documentary and I couldn't tell what she used in most of the shoots that were filmed. That's all.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...