What Camera do you reccomend?

kellen1

Hi, I am thinking that I would like to upgrade my camera to another digital with

a faster "shutter" speed, more megapixels (for more creative control)-I

currently have 4.0. & more zoom that my 4x digital. I would like to know if

there is an especially good digital camera for portraits, do you know? :) I am

also a bargain hunter so a good inexpensive professional secret would be much

appreciated!

Hi, I use a FinePix S9500, it costs around ?400 i think it has 9.0 million pixcels, a good zoom, a built in flash, uses CF or XD memory, has a B setting for shutter speed as well as a load of set settings, with manual and automatic settings of focus, apeture and shutterspeed, I got some reasonable shots from it, it is a good budget camera, ebay is always good for deals, Good luck finding a camera, Dan

More megapixels doesn't necessarily give you more creative control. More creativity gives you more creative control. :)

By "faster 'shutter' speed" I believe you mean you want a camera that has less shutter lag. Shutter lag is a combination of a number of elements:

1) ability for the camera to auto-focus

2) speed at which the camera can charge its onboard flash

3) speed at which the camera can "ready" the sensor for image capture

4) internal processing algorithms.

Assuming you have a 4MP point and shoot camera that's a few years old a couple things spring to mind.

Since you've purchased your camera, the average point and shoot has been made significantly faster in almost all the above areas. Even something as basic as a Canon A540 is much faster than my Canon A80. It would of great benefit to go to a camera store to not only see prices but to see what feels good in your hands and what seems "faster" to you.

However, your requirements for faster may be stronger than just a point and shoot. In this case I would also recommend looking at a Digital SLR. A camera like the Canon XTi, Nikon D40, or Pentax K100D would be excellent starting points. In terms of shutter lag, the difference between even a new point and shoot and a DSLR is night and day. The SLR will feel instantaneous in your hands.

For each person their requirements and preferences will dictate their final choice. No one camera will be right for everyone. It would be a good idea to better define your requirements and your price range to zero in on a collection of possibilities.

Mamiya RZ67 for film use, or a newer EOS for digital photography (like the 20D used). And get prime lenses if creative control is your thing -- high-speed shutter speeds are not so important as fast glass. And don't forget one or two flash units.