What binder for 7x6 negative pages?

I have Print File pages with 7 strips of 6 frames of 35mm film. They measure 10 x 11,5 in / 25,4 x 29,3cm

Print File Archival Storage Page for Negatives, 35mm - 010-0115

They don’t sell negative binders in my city, so I have to buy them online. I am looking for a box binder with rings, something simple and good. I can’t find information about which is the correct model for strips of 6 frames.

What binder do you recommend?

Hi thirteenthumbs,

I need the binders, not the pages.

I suppose you wanted me to look at the binders recommended for the pages?

Anyway, it was a good idea to look for binders of the same brand. You opened my mind.

I think this Print File GBB12112 Metal-Edge Box Binder (Gray) 215-0050 B&H or this Print File Micro-Perforated Box Binder 215-1000 B&H Photo Video will do the job.

Also, buying them in the Print File page is cheaper. I don’t know about the shipping, I’ll see.

Thank you.

Hi thirteenthumbs,

I need the binders, not the pages.

I suppose you wanted me to look at the binders recommended for the pages?

Another late night misread that turned out ballpark correct or is it football stadium correct in your part of the world?

I too use common binders from office stores and general retail stores.

What about dust?

In office stores there are also binder boxes, without rings. Maybe I could get rings and stick them inside the box.

These special binders are made of “archival” materials. How important is this, if the negatives are already in the special sheets? Probably not too much. But I suppose someone pays for those overpriced special binders for design and tidiness.

I've never worried about dust with the standard vinyl covered 3-ring. You can get some if the binding splits and exposes the cardboard interior, but if your binders live on a shelf/in a box and you don't overstuff them you shouldn't have to worry about that(I generally only had binding issues when I was in middle and high school and overall pretty rough on that kind of stuff).

The printfile pages themselves do a decent enough job of keeping dust out, although if you handle film dust is inevitable. In addition, I find wet printing to be a lot more tolerant of dust than scanning.