What battery grip, Canon or Opteka?

I want a battery grip for my Rebel XTi but don't know if I should get the Canon BG-E3 Battery grip or the Opteka

Battery Pack Grip. They both basicly do the same thing but the opteka is a LOT cheeper. (Even though the canon is

only around $150)

So what do I get?

In my own experience with the non-Canon grips (1 Targus, 1 Opteka), the problems of the grips have been the same as those of the "real" Canon grips, and those all seem to be fixed now. If I used it all the time, I might consider the Canon brand, but I must say that Targus took some time, but they made everything right in the end .

See the thread at http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00NK8X

Colton, I cannot give you any insight on the Opteka grip as I myself went straight for a Canon grip for my xti. What I can tell you is that the Canon is perfect and without it, I would never want to work with a XTi again! It was the perfect upgrade, great fit in the hand both horizontal and vertical, double the battery lifetime, well built with great mount and controls, etc...

So in my opinion, you definetly need a grip and I can guarantee that you wont be let down by the Canon!

Happy Shooting,

Ryan