What are you looking for?

I spend a lot of free time reading articles and visiting photography

forums...most of the time is this particular forum. You could

classify me as a lurker. I rarely comment. It's not my style.

However, I read every, and I mean every post on this forum. Thank

you to everyone on this forum that does contribute. If it wasn't for

you, I wouldn't have much to read. Now to my point...I have never

seen the generosity and fellowship like I've seen from all of you. I

have seen people 'cleaning out the closet' and giving

cameras/accessories away for the cost of shipping while they could

easily make a few buck on the bay. All of us share one thing in

common, aside for our love of the manual, quirky, oldies but goodies

(and sometimes not so good) in camera equipment, WE ALL LOOK FOR

CAMERAS AT YARD SALES, FLEA MARKETS AND ANTIQUE STORES!!!!!

I can tell you that I am more than willing to purchase a camera that

I might find in my travels for someone else if I knew one of you were

looking for one. So I am asking for this....a list of camera's that

you just can't pass up or have been looking for. If I find one, I

would like to pass it along for only the cost that it cost me. (for

most of us, that is only a couple of dollars anyway)

My example would be any of the Akarette, Akarelle or Akarex line. By

the way Dan (Iggers) I almost outbid you for that Akarette V until I

saw that it was you who had the top bid. :-)

So start giving me a list. Spring is right around the corner and so

are the opening of the big flea markets!!!

Jay,

No one should be bashful about bidding against me. Consider bidding against me to be an act of charity, protecting me from my unrestrained bid reflex. Besides, someone else, who did not share your scruple about bidding against the weak-minded, outbid me for that Akarelle.

The camera that I am looking for is exceedingly rare, which explains the interminable length and desperate flavour of my Quest: A user Zeiss Contessa folder for $30 or less. :>

Most older Voigtlanders, even the cheap ones known as Vitorets. I especially like the Vitomatic 11 and similar models.

Certainly the Olympus 35RC and similar models.

My Yashica Electro GSN rangefinders are really great.

Don't pass up a Leica/Minolta CL and a Minolta CLE---though I haven't owned one of these yet. I'm looking....

Dan , I have bid against you seveal times with the end in mind to save you from buying one more camera.You don't seem to get the hint though and almost always out bid me.

Jay that's a great offer you have made, the only problem is that half the fun in my dull life is getting my butt away from the computer and going out my self looking for a good deal or shoot a roll of film. I will keep my eyes open for the Akarette, Akarelle or Akarex line.

A real treasure would be finding a minty Leica M3 for $100. I haven't found mine yet. A Minolta CLE is actually higher on the list for me because I see it as a camera that I can actually use in lots of situations---even though it's not the heavy metal of a Leica M3. I've secretly wanted the M3 because it was introduced in the year I was born (as the Voigtlander Vitomatic 11). These are my pipe dreams and now I have to light up yet once again because I'm hooked.

If anyone is interested in trading, I might have something your looking for. I've got Canonets, Yashicas, various Russian (Zorki,Fed), Voigtlander, Zeiss, Exakta, Retina, Leica copies and many oddball cameras and lenses. Quality range from ugly to near mint; working to fixer.

I'm looking for a working/nice conditon Certo Super, Welta folder, Super Ikonta A and Vitessa T lenses to name a few. Let me know off list, and maybe we can work something out.

Mike, I don't have an extra one of those ;<)

I want a Voigtlander Vitessa L w/Ultron lens, in great shape, for under $100. Then I'm done. Oh, maybe a Spartus Full-Vue; then I'm done. Well, I guess I'd like a 6x9 folder that takes 120 with a good lens; but that's it! I mean that's it aside from Leica, Mamiya MF, weird looking cameras, any LTM or M mounts .........

The main thing I'm actually, seriously looking for right now is a Kodak Reflex or Reflex II TLR with the Anastar lenses -- camera condition unimportant (and likely to be cheaper as a beater), even viewing lens can be trashed, as long as the taking glass is good and the focus moves smoothly; I need to replace the glass in mine after bending the focusing thread section while disassembling it to clean the shutter. It works as is, but I can't always focus to infinity and it's very, very stiff. I'd pay up to $20 plus shipping for such a find.

Beyond that, I'd love to find some more film holders to fit my Kawee Camera, aka Patent Etui 9x12 cm. They're just like Voigtlander plate holders, but about 1/2 inch shorter on the long dimension, and the only ones that size I'm aware of with a thin edge; overall dimension is 5 9/16 inches long exclusive of dark slide, while the Voigtlander holder is just over 6 inches; width differs by only about 1 mm. I wouldn't want to go as high as $10 each, but wouldn't scream too loudly at up to a half dozen (reasonably clean and rust free) for $5 to $6 each, even without film sheaths (I've got plenty of sheaths).

Jay, I'm not looking for anything at all. No, sir! I'm a happy man and I have all the cameras I need and more. I shan't be looking on online auctions ever again. I shall look in no shops or sales for cameras. I shall just take pictures with what I have got. It's true I tell you! Yes, really. I'm fine, just fine, honestly. How long is never by the way?

I would like a 4.5 x6 cm folder that is in decent working condition with a view finder that is not the tiny peep type. Folding non glass finder is OK. Rangefinder is not neccessary. I had 1/2 frame folders (16 frames)in both 127 and 120 in late 40s through mid 50s. They were my only cameras I prefer the latter. The latter was stolen by a hitch-hiker.

Your offer is most generous,Jay. Thanks for asking. BTW if you have a nice J-9 with LTM in your collection, please write off-list.

I've never seen a single desirable camera at a yard/garage sale. Just Polaroids for which film has been unavailable for years, old Instamatics and other such junk.

Likewise thrift stores. I've found one worthwhile camera in a thrift store. They're good places to shop for other interesting stuff tho'.

Most of the good used camera gear I've found came from pawn shops. Even those are getting scarce because either the chain shops don't accept anything more than a year or two older in pawn or they sell the good stuff on ebay. Mom and pop shops are better.

I've occasionally seen some decent camera gear at gun shows but nothing I'd call a classic, other, perhaps, than a Spotmatic I saw at a recent show.

I'd like to find a F1.2 normal lens for one of my various classic 35mm SLRs, preferably one that costs less than $50!

I'm also looking for affordable standard eye level prism finders; one for a Nikon F & one for a F2. Even on eBay selling prices are usually much more than the cameras are worth!

Finally I need bargain priced 'parts donors' for Konica IIIA, Canon FP/FT/Pellix, Konica Auto-Reflex, Konica T3.