what are the best D2HS sport settings?

Not sure I'd agree.<p><p>

Danny, when you say you're seeking sharpness, are you talking about freezing the action and eliminating all motion blur (requires higher shutter speed), or eliminating blur caused by depth of field (requires smaller aperture) ?<p><p>

Keep in mind also that use of a longer zoom or telephoto lens introduces the problem of camera shake which reduces sharpness -- greatly helped by use of a monopod if possible.<p><p>

I don't have the camera you're using, but I believe the things I'm saying are not camera-specific.<p><p>

For more details, consider looking through posts in <a href=http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=2081>the Sports Forum</a>.<p><p>

Good luck.

You need to find the root cause...

Is it because you have your lens' aperture is wide open, and you don't have enough DOF? Probably unlikely since I assume your shooting tele's from quite a distance.

Is it camera shake? Probably part of the problem. If so, you need support -- a monopod will do.

Is it motion blur, i.e., you can't freeze the action? Likely part of the problem. Then you need a higher shutter speed. NOt a probem in daylight, but at night games, don't know how well-lit the stadium is, but likely that you'll have to bump up your ISO.

IMO, given sufficient lighting, use a monopod, then set your camera to the highest ISO that you can live with, and shoot shutter priority, setting your shutter speed as high as you can go, given the lighting you have to work with.

Good luck.

KL