Welcome to Philadelphia

jc1305us

• 2 weeks later...
Great composition! For me, it has a strong ínside (darker) looking out feel. The precision and 'centeredness' of the columns and 'lego blocks is wonderful. Initially, I wondered whether the buildings could use just a bit more contrast to improve the definition. But I changed my mind. I really like the contrast between the dark, solid-looking foreground and the brighter more ethereal-looking buildings.
  • Like 1

Very different view of Philadelphia, too bad those 2 cars are parked infront...

Thank you. It's funny, normally I would have driven me nuts to have vehicles or people in my shots, but I like them in this photo, only if to give it a sense of time and place. Years from now, all will be different from the same view.

Thank you. It's funny, normally I would have driven me nuts to have vehicles or people in my shots, but I like them in this photo, only if to give it a sense of time and place. Years from now, all will be different from the same view.

You got a point there. Sometimes when cars/people "invade" my picture I come back to the scene on a Sunday morning, but that is not aways possible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Very different view of Philadelphia, too bad those 2 cars are parked infront...

Unlike what often happens, there is a clear visual path forward and on to the distance. That strikes me as far less bothersome than when a car or truck blocks a major compositional element -- a fancy store window or entryway. A nice photo.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think the cars work well, they don't block the movement of the eye through the scene and add a sort of time stamp. It's a strange thing about cars in pictures. Take a picture now and we complain about the cars in it. Look at a picture from 50 years ago and we spend ages trying to work out what make and model they were.

• Like 1