Weekly Post Processing Challenge 4th August 2018

Another weekly challenge. I take it no one else tempted to post.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

PPC_4thAugust2018-Source.thumb.jpg.a51be873ee5fa175facf7298a87f1d24.jpg

• Like 3

WK_Edit08042018.thumb.jpg.1b4e0efee3627f6a8094836fcdc953d4.jpg

Gerald this is a very nice image.

First I pasted the image in to GIMP. Then I created a new layer that I used the Curves tool to increase the contrast to the bright side. I pretty much blue out the sky and water but I liked the town. I then created a luminosity mask to bring the original sky and water back. Then I used the Colorize tool to color the water and sky of a copy of the original layer. Then I flattened the image.

• Like 3

Miniaturization Attempt: I've never had much success at these. I used DXO Viewpoint's module for this.tinyvillage.thumb.jpg.0e3d796d0f065bb261b47f5b09b864f4.jpg

I don't know how to do it, but Gerald's original photo might lend itself to one of those round, earth-like transformation globes with water as the globe and the village sitting completely around it on the circumference. Just a suggestion to someone with time and mad skills!

• Like 4

Miniaturization Attempt: I've never had much success at these. I used DXO Viewpoint's module for this.[ATTACH=full]1256573[/ATTACH]

I don't know how to do it, but Gerald's original photo might lend itself to one of those round, earth-like transformation globes with water as the globe and the village sitting completely around it on the circumference. Just a suggestion to someone with time and mad skills!

Very interesting interpretation.

• Like 1

OK then Tom here' a mini planet. I tried it first with a warmed sky but it didn't work, although the photo was taken in the evening (lights on in some of the buildings) I lightened and blued the sky and it's refection in the harbour. Cropped into a letter box and then opened in Elements it would take me to long to explain the next stage and I'm sure it would lack any clarity. I hope this link to a tutorial works if not Google mini planet. Little Planet Photos: 5 Simple Steps to Making Panorama Worlds | Photography Mad

PPC_4thAug2018-FinalEdit.thumb.jpg.df73db5bab0b526bc37e02017eba9075.jpg

• Like 5

I decided too prepare 3 versions. The problem is that I didn't remember the steps I took creating the 1st and 2nd by the time I finished the 3rd! (To me this is madly funny considering that I turn another year older on Wednesday.) To create the 3rd, I started with PSE15's correct distortion filter. The result looked like GC used a fisheye to shoot the original. Then I used polar coordinates, did a slight crop, and increased saturation.

Gerald, Are you pleased with your mini world result? I think it's excellent, surely frame worthy and probably sale worthy.

Tom

Tom, pleased yes but excellent maybe a bit over the top. I'm very rarely completely satisfied with my results, I can always see things with processing that could be improved. Just my normal grumpy demeanour, I do appreciate your comments .................GC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...