Weekly Post Processing Challenge 3rd February 2018

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Gerald Cafferty, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Another weekly challenge.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate by Wednesday next in this thread if you are willing to try.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

PPC_3rdFebruary2018-SourcePhoto.jpg

2. LR....adjust Shadows / Highlights and Crop. Define2 for Noise Reduction. NIK's Color Efex Pro 4...Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast 1495329_3e12a71587b09ae109db7b44e5986a37.jpg

3. A little cropping and the application of an abstract filter with Smart Photo Editor.
    dock3.jpg

4. I was attracted to the gulls, so I cropped to accentuate them, used detail extractor and tonal contrast in Silver Efex, and then converted to black and white in Silver Efex. Finally, I added a few more gulls. gulls on pier.jpg

5. Photoshop: I added a curve to darken the sky; darkened the water using B&W adjustment layer in luminosity mode; raised the shadows with a curve, burned the darker areas in the clouds; added an S-curve for global contrast; dodged the birds; cropped the image. On1 Photo Raw: dynamic contrast; subtle vignette.

Feb Challenge.jpg

6. In ACR brought up the shadows, brought down the highlights, cropped, increased clarity a little. 1495329_3e12a71587b09ae109db7b44e5986a37.jpg

7. GC, my version wi9ll be forthcoming. Just returned from a visit to Arizona.,

8. Initially, I decided to go to a square format, and used the cropping tool in PSE15. Then, in Color Efex, I slightly reduced the predominance of blue and used the curves and levels filter to add a bit of green to the highlights. Tonal adjustments - predominantly output reductions on both ends - were made in PSE15. Finally, I used the NIK output sharpener. 1495329_3e12a71587b09ae109db7b44e5986a37.jpg

sjmurray and Gerald Cafferty like this.
  9. Tom, do you use pc or mac?

10. Hi, Michael. PC here.

11. Thanks, Tom.

12. Cropped in LR. Converted to B&W in Silver Efex, applied modified Antique Plate preset.
    PPC_3rdFeb2018-FinalEdit.jpg

michaellinder and luis triguez like this.
  13. Luis, perhaps you should join in the fun sometimes.