Weekly Post Processing Challenge 23rd March 2018

Another weekly challenge.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate by Wednesday next in this thread if you are willing to try.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

Thanks to Michael for standing in last week.

Remember anyone is welcome to start the thread, see the information above.

PPC_23rdMarch2018-Source.thumb.jpg.7234c08ee3a852161fb447c57f58735c.jpg

My first step was to use NIK's Define 2 to eliminate a bit of noise the program picked up. Then I went to Silver Efex and converted the image, having decided to use the Antique II preset. However, I changed the color toning from sepia to copper. Thereafter, I modified the tonal levels in PSE15, and then applied a slight mid-gray vignette in Color Efex. Finally, I sharpened with NIK's Output Sharpener. (PS I owe the idea to use the Silver Efex preset to Bill Boyd.)829778163_1502833_70926d91c56db4be2081594d04ee4994copy.thumb.jpg.3f80093ca5abb18bc3c6ae28b221c55c.jpg
  • Like 2

GC, just a few minutes ago, I started to post this week's challenge image. It's good thing I noticed that you already had done so. Welcome back!

Hi Michael, sorry for jumping in. I was unsure if you were able to do this week, unless any others want a go you can use the photo next week...........GC.

• Like 1

In Lightroom I Clarity 60 Vibrance 33 Saturation 33 Increased Saturation and luminance for red orange and yellow. Cropped to 8x10 vertical. Radial filter horizontal on skyline increased exposure. Radial filter covering storefront and street increased exposure, gradient lower right decrease exposure, dehaze +52 overall.

1502833_70926d91c56db4be2081594d04ee4994.thumb.jpg.094211fe8239ad63c21ba079802b3082.jpg

• Like 3

Auto straighten in LR, which by chance removed the figure on the steps. Opened in Color Efex Pro and applied detail extractor filter and moved the sliders around!. Then applied dark contrasts filter and moved the sliders around!. Using these two filters together was less than successful. Back into LR and hit the auto option and here's the result, the hardest thing in PPC is knowing when to stop. I may get there one day.

PPC_23rdMarch2018-FinalEdit.thumb.jpg.d47832e22c6aba7d4be8dbe23d394e5b.jpg

Don't forget anyone can upload the source image, you all must be getting tired of pictures of Whitby. Should someone like to give it a go just reply to this.

What is needed is a high res max quality jpeg, no need to worry about size so don't resize out of camera resolution will upload.

Regards GC.

Select oval in centre with 100 feather, invert selection and use levels to darken surrounding area. Finally use shadows & highlights in PS to darken sky, then crop.

[ATTACH=full]1238791[/ATTACH]

Great idea Jeff. I see a slight conflict in light sources, scrolling down to remove the sky I see the light coming down Church St from the left. May be the sky could be made in to night.

But I am envious that I didn't see the opportunity.