Weekly Post Processing Challenge 21st July 2018

Another weekly challenge.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk.

PPC_21stJuly2018-Source.thumb.jpg.e4ddf2ab075a5c0445ba55d8160125e9.jpg

• Like 3

WK_Edit07202018.thumb.jpg.0a6fdab71bd9586dcf6baad38da864b6.jpg

Gerald once again thank you for supplying this image. It is a nice one. It looks cold so I tried to keep it cool with out getting too blue.

1. I copied the image and pasted it in to Gimp.

2. I made a new layer and used the curves tool to add a little overall contrast.

3. I made another layer and desaturated it and inverted colors and used a Gussian Blur filter at 10. I made this layer an Overlay to brighten the image some.

4. I then created a new layer from visible layers and went to channels to make some luminosity mask.

5, I used a light mask so I could make the sky a little more gray. Don,t think I went far enough.

6. I then used a dark mask to recover detail in the bank on the left.

• Like 5

I wanted the boats to be floating askew in water rather than visibly stuck in the mud. So I selected a tonal range of mud using the "magic wand" tool in Photoshop CS5, and then cloned water over the selection using the "lighten" mode. Additional cloning and dodging of smaller elements was necessary. Then I used the NIK filter "glamor Glow" in ColorEfex to soften the result (and to help hide cloning mistakes).1540563323_ppc7-222.thumb.jpg.7e3e3feaea75bf8d7071cc9f1c602ce9.jpg
  • Like 2

In Lightroom,Cropped +Clarity, Saturation, Vibrance, dehaze, + red, orange channels. In photoshop made a selection of seagull layer via copy, duplicated layer, flipped new layer horizontally, used clone tool to distribute birds, flattened. 675201107_OUtofcontrolseagulls.thumb.jpg.7d3c9722e5626111ac72985527986057.jpg
  • Like 2