Weekly Post Processing Challenge 1st December 2018

Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

PPC_1stDecember2018-Source.thumb.jpg.b656badc812c74a0be5899067b824ccc.jpg

• Like 3

I love this image. It challenges me to know what is vertical and what is horizontal. Thank you Gerald for presenting it to us.

My first shot was to try to make everything vertical or horizontal (aka the engineering approach). I call it 'Engineering Failure' .What I think it does is show how important the complexity of lines is in Gerald's original image is.

My technique to do this abomination was some high pass sharpening an a whole lot of warping in PS followed by the necessary post-warp crop.

2064681099_StraightenitoutLad-Edit-Edit.thumb.jpg.9d8a17108c2f5251708e37518192d4d3.jpg

• Like 5

1756390553_ppc30.thumb.jpg.cacbffd0c90b8040a6cf25ab53bada2f.jpg

I was attracted to the right side of the image more than the left, so I cropped out the left half of the image. Then, I thought that the composition would be stronger if the railing support obscuring the reflection of the tower went missing, so I removed it with cloning. Then I copied the upper half of the tower, inverted it, and pasted it over the water. Cloning was then used to blend things together in a semi-realistic fashion.

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 5

My goal was to highlight the church and increase detail. Initial crop of church in PS. Topaz AI Clean and Piccure+ to prepare photo for AI Gigapixel uprez. Back to PS for DXO Viewpoint perspective adjustment and downrez to normal posting size. Finally to LR for final cropping. Hmmm...detail is pretty good, but I don't like the halos. Methinks I pushed it too much.

maybefinishedchurch.thumb.jpg.7411c33cd08ba7ae6c7b8d3d5cebdc63.jpg

• Like 5

Hmmm. I'm not sure whether I should say this - perhaps I'll get banned - but I'll say it anyway.

I'm truly glad that there are 'no holds barred' on this playful thread, however creative, weird or ludicrous our PP photos are, All are interesting and I wouldn't have it any other way!

• Like 2

WK_Edit12012018_3.thumb.jpg.f710d2ca77f6b35034e67c13c16fd793.jpg

This image is so good I almost hated to do anything to it. I think what I like best is the contrast of the modern steel bridge's odd perspective ageist the stone church in the background. I especially like the reflection in the water. I used Gimp. First I used Levels to adjusted the white and black points and decrease exposure. Next I made a copy of the layer and used the Gaussian Blur filter at about 30. Then I added white layer mask to this layer. Then I did a black to white blend from the water line to the top of the image.

Edited by Sandy Vongries
  • Like 4