Weekly Post Processing Challenge 13th October 2018

Nobody else wants ago then, so it must be me.

Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

PPC_13Oct2018-SourcePhoto.thumb.jpg.4fe029d1bcf7189d5f1b1bcdaa510596.jpg

• Like 2

WK_Edit10132018.thumb.jpg.e3b3a224bb19199abff654b81e82b4e3.jpg

Gerald great image.

I copied the image in to Gimp.

First I adjusted white and black points with the levels tool and adjusted exposure slightly.

I then used the clone tool to remove the small boat that was behind the large boat. I also got rid of some objects floating in the water.

Next I created 7 luminosity mask an seven layers to add color and contrast. I did all the color and contrast using the levels tool.

• Like 3

2119878745_ppcoct.thumb.jpg.43a67d911c0c3fd92203c91bb4e110d4.jpg

I tried various crops that might look good in B&W. This is what I ended up with. Since it was a peaceful scene, I used (for the first time) the "edge protected smooth noise" filter in Photokit Creative Sharpener, then added high tonal contrast to highlights and low tonal contrast to midtones and shadows and "glamour glow" in NIK ColorEfex.

• Like 4

[ATTACH=full]1266844[/ATTACH]

I tried various crops that might look good in B&W. This is what I ended up with. Since it was a peaceful scene, I used (for the first time) the "edge protected smooth noise" filter in Photokit Creative Sharpener, then added high tonal contrast to highlights and low tonal contrast to midtones and shadows and "glamour glow" in NIK ColorEfex.

Brilliant!