WedNEsDAy PiC #8

jose_angel

<p>During a highway driving break. The <em>expresso</em> was surprisingly good. I liked the light, even I prefered to keep the wrong white balance.</p>

<p>D700 @ 200ISO, 14bit RAW, 35/1.4AiS, f1.4 - 1/250sec., matrix +0.7EV, all camera tricks off. Probably at the closest focus distance.</p>

<p>I took this lens just for fun; I used to like it very much, specially its inherent "drawbacks". I`d say it`s very soft and vignettes noticeably when used wide open, just in the way I like it. I shot about ten pics to get this image, from super sharp at f5.6 to this one, and prefer this softest look. I disliked unsharp masking here too, there is just a bit applied only at the engraving area. Sadly, I`m seeing that, as usual, donwsizing to the standard 700 size the image loose charm.</p>

<p>Please feel free to post your PiC taken with anything with a "<em>Nikon</em>" logo on it.</p><div>00SUbB-110325584.jpg.b3ca42d08749305bc1cdd384ebb4a33d.jpg</div>

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>A nice setup Jose - and a great photo.</p>

<p>Here is a photo I took last weekend at St Albans. There is always something new to see there and on this occasion some inscence had been lit. Along with the lovely smell, the smoke made these rays from the window and there was a very peaceful feeling there on that day.</p>

<p>I used my F100 and 50mm f1.4 AF-S at f4. Kodak 200 ASA negative film.</p><div>00SUbT-110327584.jpg.580e2dd7f463f7621fc939948c86b84d.jpg</div>

<p>José, I also love to ski and this place is wonderful for skiing. Every year, when the weather gets good enough, they groom about 50km of cross-country ski tracks over the mountains and down in the valley. The mountains in the distance are on the Swedish border. This weekend the weather was so perfect! Usually the wind blows so hard here, just above the tree line, that you can almost not stand up, but this particular day there was only a slight breeze, and the temperature was around -10 C. It was fantastic. <br /><br />I love the color tones in your pic btw. Very nice, as usual.</p>

<p>Good Morning! Some more beautiful work here so far! Your Winter scene is stunning, Hamish! The weather is beginning to warm here in Michigan's upper peninsula. But, it is still very much Winter and we have blizzard warnings today. The creek that I like so much is beginning to melt. This shot is at sunrise with a D300, Nikkor 18-200 mm VR zoom, f10, 1/50 sec, iso 400, 55 mm, handheld...</p><div>00SUdE-110341584.jpg.2792fe39d36f6190ff4675211de1ee32.jpg</div>

<p>playing around with 2 flashes; One behind the model(my wife) and the other one on camera.<br>

D80 in manual BW mode with green filter sim, 1/40th f5.6 SB 28 in M 1/64 on camera and a sb800 in SU4 mode M on 1/16 +1/3 on the floor behind her blasting at the wall to kill the flash shadow on the wall.<br>

The look on her face is the one that she gives me mostley when I ask her to pose for a shot ...</p><div>00SUem-110345984.jpg.3f85c7a6076c8bcaac80e212d2e82c6c.jpg</div>

<p>USS North Carolina. Are you a fellow Wilmingtonian or just visiting? I too snapped a couple quick shots of the battleship from across the river last weekend while testing out my new to me 105 f2.5.<br>

BTW All of the winter themed photos are very nice and so is the civil war shot.</p>

<p>Good morning all - great shots this week, nice winter landscapes and I especially like the civil war shot. Ian - your's of the late afternoon sun rays is great too. Makes me feel like I am there.</p>

<p>This week's shot was taken yesterday, cloudy day due to the incoming foot of snow blizzard (at least it hasn't snowed in a week) I liked the look of the lonely cabin sitting back nestled into the woods.</p>

<p>Have a great week everyone!</p><div>00SUid-110361984.jpg.2518c227709cd897e45435302d81ff78.jpg</div>

<p>Hi,<br>

great photos everybody. This thread has inspired me to go out each week looking for stuff to contribute - thanks for that as too often in the UK in Jan/Feb it is too easy to open the curtains, look at the grey stuff outside and keep the camera in the bag for another day......<br>

I know that this photo will bend the rules a bit, but I did participate in the setup, the photo is of me and was taken on a Nikon D100. Unfortunately the software used to process it in the opticians lab (Vision Express if anyone here in the UK is interested) has stripped out all the useful EXIF stuff that folks may be interested in and I used CS2 to reduce the size down for this thread. So different - being on the other side of the lens - boy was the flash bright straight in the old peepers!<br>

I was so thrilled by this, I've got one of the other eye as well. Next week, who knows........</p><div>00SUmG-110377584.jpg.6999de941c1a2827cd7ca7bc2e9caa24.jpg</div>