WedNEsDAy PiC #12

jose_angel

<b><i>[Mod note: Just a friendly reminder to keep file sizes down to a reasonable level. Try to keep photos to not only within the pixel dimensions but to less than 300 KB each. As the Wed Pic threads become more popular it's taking up to 90 seconds to load the page even on a reasonably fast DSL connection. I don't want to start arbitrarily deleting photos but once it starts taking more than two or three minutes to load a page I may have to consider enforcing a file size limit. I'd rather keep it on the honor system. -- Thanks, LJ]</i></b><p>

<p>Since I stopped my mountaneering activity my landscape shots have been reduced almost to none. I took this one thinking that I wanted to have a countryside view for the Wed PiC. I´d like to have the wisdom some landscapists have here... I´m afraid God didn`t grant me with this gift. BTW, it`s one of my favourite trails. Better if riding a <em>Trek</em> XC bike.<br /> D700 @200ISO, 14bit RAW, 50/1.8AFD, 1/250sec. - f8. <br /> If you like, please feel free to share your Nikon weekly pic here. For enjoyment, fun and learning. Thanks all.</p><div>00Sn0f-117179584.thumb.jpg.3cd0a059c05727848ac802d1534d7e5a.jpg</div>

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>On the way home from work, I was presented with this scenery. Took the tripod out of the trunk, set up the D700 and the widest lens I have (AIS 28 f/2.8) and got this picture.<br>

Could have been much better, but without any ND filter and the lens closed down to f/22, the maximum shutter speed was 2 seconds. I would love to have gotten the car to cross the frame from the beginning to end of the road..</p><div>00Sn15-117185584.jpg.089e7f4d8b0ad54151a358c06a4fb847.jpg</div>

<p>Nice shots so far! Beautiful landscape Jose.<br /><br />In contrast to my wintery picture last week I am now posting a picture that almost looks like it could have been taken on a warmer continent, but in actual fact these beautiful roe deer were out grazing in the spring sunshine, on my neighbor’s field not more than 500m from my own front door. I was sitting on the rocks at the edge of the fjord determined to get a good shot of one of the many birds that were there when, panning through my viewfinder at 300mm I spotted 6 or 7 of these guys. I then tried to get as close as I could without being seen, using some trees near the waters edge as cover. I got about 200m from them before they reacted and darted gracefully up the field to the forest behind the ridge. I had about 10 seconds to make the shot before they were gone. <br />D300 with 70-300VR @ 280mm, ISO 320, 1/800s, f9 (approx. 75% crop of original image).</p><div>00Sn1E-117185884.jpg.bfcc7e569b1a9adf2db425e9d3b7d1bb.jpg</div>

<p>I'm back from the dentist! It was fun! The anesthesia doesn't work on me... I think they use a very wimpy one here in Japan. The dentist says that my roots are too long! I wonder what kind of ........ is that!? Same goes with the cold medicine. I gotta drink like 4 tablets instead of 2 like I used to in the US. I think Japanese people are weaker when it comes to medicine and alcohol.<br>

Nice shots everyone! Looks like another great WedNEsDAy thread!<br>

Anyway...... a Green Pheasant! I saw this guy very close to the road way. So I drove around and stopped my car to see if I was able to get him. It took me around 1 hour but I finally got a few decent shots. In Japan we call this specie "NIPPON KIJI" where "KIJI" means Pheasant and "NIPPON" Japan. Sine I don't know much about Pheasants I am wondering if these guys are found only in Japan. We have many other varieties here. Maybe someone can give some info about them.</p><div>00Sn1G-117187584.jpg.bab61e89aa07c799ea61ef685781182e.jpg</div>

<p>Some very inspiring photos already - looks like it will be another great Wednesday. Well, for my entry I show Edlesborough church. I was on a walk and the clouds were scudding past at a great rate. Every now and then the church would light up and stand out against the landscape and I set up my camera ready for one of these moments. I used my Pronea S with the 28-200mm ED zoom, filmstock being Nexia 400.</p><div>00Sn1i-117191584.JPG.a1d611064f2d3e94cae90489228f807d.JPG</div>

<p>No hummingbirds showed up at the bird feeder the other day. So I decided to experiment with the old non-AI'd, pre-ED 180/2.8 Nikkor on the D2H. Being non-AI'd I had to use the M2 extension tube to avoid damaging the AI tab. Makes a nice closeup lens. Very sharp wide open.</p><div>00Sn1l-117193584.jpg.08377f669871d9fae1e340d95bcffba0.jpg</div>

<p>Jose, i like your picture because you captured many elements in one shot. mountains, valley, down hill trail, etc.<br>

Hamish, i like the running deers. very beautiful.<br>

Jens, what city is that? i was so surprise to see a place without cars. the houses surrounded by water looks so beautiful.<br>

this a portrait of my mother. thank you.</p><div>00Sn27-117195584.jpg.a7bfd957539b747d6aabae2356f02ff8.jpg</div>

<p>This is one of our adopted, retired racing greyhounds. On the form that came with him from the Daytona Beach Kennel Club it says: "Reason for non-racing status: No good." He may have washed out as a racer, but he's a superstar pet. And the rabbits in the back yard think he's plenty fast enough.</p>

<p>D300, 60mm f/2.8 AF Micro Nikkor, ISO 200, 1/250 at f/18, 200 watt-second Speedotron head in silver umbrella on left, white card on right for fill.</p><div>00Sn2U-117201584.jpg.9e84d5531bcdc93f4c26d13893af77e9.jpg</div>