Wednesday Landscapes, 7 April, 2021

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by michaellinder, Apr 6, 2021.

1. In a word, yes. The image demonstrates how representational subject matter can also be abstract. It certainly grabbed my attention.

Tony Parsons likes this.
  2. Butting in on the discussion: I usually don't like seeing people in landscape photos. Where someone else sees them as adding interest, I see them as distracting, at the least.

Laura, aren't all photos unwitting self-portraits?

michaellinder likes this.
  3. Possibly, probably, maybe, sorta yes on any given day (or night), depends, dunno,.........sure. :rolleyes:

michaellinder and sallymack like this.
  4. The lake is still on ice

upload_2021-4-9_21-34-20.jpeg

5. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

6. No harm intended, but Photoshop has a function that removes purple fringing such as you see on the top branches.

7. I think I prefer the colour version though both are excellent.

Jon Eckman likes this.
  8. I genuinely like the purple fringing in Michael’s photo as it complements the golden sun.

ericphelps likes this.
  9. Landscapes are a good exercise in recognizing the beauty of nature, not only visually but in what you feel in the observation, and sharing that feeling with others.

Speaking of "feeling," I tripped backing up to compose this photo, and came close to being impaled on another patch of barrel cacti. This was taken in the Boyce Thompson Aboretum, near Phoenix, AZ

_D2H8970.jpg

image.jpeg

10. 20131020 IMG_2735 Lake Ashroe fall colors MWS C V1.jpg Lake Ashroe, New Jersey