Wednesday Landscapes, 5 February 2020

Leslie Reid

You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

This one takes the concept of atonement for cloning out power-lines to a whole new level: I spent most of my post-processing time in Photoshop, cloning in the half of a power-line that Lightroom Panorama Merge had decided to edit out (the left half of the second one from the top). Anyway, this is what my view looked like a few hours ago. I almost gave it negative vibrance to make it look more plausible, then decided to let it stand as shot. The show lasted 35 minutes, and every time I thought it was over I had to run back outside a few minutes later as a new part of the sky lit up. This one was about 20 minutes after sunset—Act 3 out of 4. And yes, that’s The Telephone Pole on the right, finally getting a chance to participate in a sunset.D06-_MG_4416-Pano-Edit.jpg.2f5aa34556393d1ce601a4bb0b500ca6.jpg

• Like 5

Who knows, maybe this is the eastern side of Leslie's power/telephone lines. I drive by this area frequently and the scene always makes me think of 2 things. One is that the west coast is thataway and it has a message in the bottle sort of feel. The other is the song "Telegraph Road". This light show also lasted for a long time and I got a good series. I've posted a few since taken on March 3, 2014.

Landscape2520.thumb.JPG.22583a1671bc4e1fbacf034c21c2cea4.JPG

• Like 5

As this storm moved from west of my back deck around to the north, my only viable viewpoint was from a vacant lot up the street. I chose to not clone out the power pole in the middle unless or until I decided to make a more formal presentation of these images. So, it remains, and is likely to stay there. It has become an integral part of my experience as recorded in these images.

Lightning-2073-sml.thumb.jpg.4750757f5f6a34d8134d781f3fac59de.jpg

• Like 5