Wednesday Landscapes, 3 July 2019

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Jul 3, 2019.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

I admit it: this one’s odd. Then again, so were the other two I’d short-listed for today’s thread--you'll probably see one of those next week. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy figuring this one out.
    D06-_MG_3340.jpg

2. fascinating, but i can’t figure it out.

my offering is a bit similar to last week’s. hom interacting with nature. i’m thinking i should’ve posted the colour version

BCF47407-6BDC-4E76-99C7-40509CAB3831.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  3. So is this one:
    [​IMG]

4. no, Dieter, yours is crap. :)

5. Sunrise July 2 along the White Rock Creek Trail.

[​IMG]

6. A cruise ship passing a containership shortly after dawn at Punta Colorada. The cruise ship is definitely an MSC liner and it may be the MSC Opera; the one that caused the problems in Venice. There were 4 MSC ships (Opera, Orchestra, Musica and Poesia) operating down here between December and January, each carrying over 3,000 passengers and crew. I see that the Opera is today in Greece.

Cruise and Container.jpg

7. No sunshine, no rainbow, even on the Oregon coast. The marine layer did move in by late afternoon, but there was plenty of sun for walking around the basalt fingers at Cape Perpetua.

Landscape 7-3-19.JPG

8. Cleaning up hard drive & found this one taken with IRa, an XSi converted to infrared. IMG_0155.jpg

9. Figuring it out? I'm kinda baffled by the black vertical reflections. Since I'm inclined toward images that contain mystery, I really like this one, Leslie.

Leslie Reid likes this.
  10. "i should’ve posted the colour version." It's not too late, Ludmilla. Unlike NW, there's no restriction here on the number of images one can post.

11. fullsizeoutput_691dcopy.jpg

Another one form Timothy Hill, St. Kitts. Both Atlantic and Caribbean visible.

12. This from last March's sojourn to the LA beaches:
    WedLand-190703-4683.jpg
    I love it! But, I'm a sucker for just about anything ocean-centric, given my current, landlocked condition.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  13. PAN-Giza.jpg
    Giza

14. From how long ago? I can't imagine it would look this deserted now?

15. It was March of 2007. The view from the west (as above) is usually less crowded than from the valley (east) side.

Looking to the west from the same area shows the great changes out in the desert between 1973 and 2007
    Egypt-desert(Giza.jpg

16. image.png Achill Island