Wednesday Landscapes, 28 September 2022

Leslie Reid

You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Yeah, I should be starting to post autumn colors in honor of the changing season. Instead, I'm going for those green pixels of spring. (Or maybe I'll just pretend I'm back in New Zealand.)

R01-IMG_4901.jpg.b1a5a4d8411b5ff25c8f039be88ddc45.jpg

• Like 6

I saw that I had already posted the same photograph last year

Luis, your photos are always worth another look.

Our temperatures took a dive and it feels like summer is over. A sunset seems appropriate. About 20 photographers were nearby and the volunteer in charge of closing the gate waited very patiently as everyone enjoyed a spectacular end to the day.

865060425_Landscape9-28-22.thumb.JPG.f4bbf845c657b089a2091f9400536e6e.JPG

• Like 5

Sally, I just wonder whether "industrial" and "landscape" are slightly oxymoronic. (This is just a bt of sarcasm.)

It depends on what's outside your window. The commercial area near me is a flatulence of tan stucco buildings, unremarkable chain store offerings either swimming in salt and fats or imported from China with better store tags applied at the port of entry.

But many people have rust and decline outside theirs. I guess I'm saying only that landscape is simply what one sees from their window.

• Like 3

Why do I say things...