Wednesday Landscapes, 28 October 2020

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Oct 28, 2020.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Ludmilla's comment from last week (thanks, Ludmilla!) prompted my choice for this week's image: in honor of Halloween, I looked through my archive to find an eerie landscape photo. So here you have it--you're being stared at by a sand dune...

D03-_MG_9458.jpg

2. Another gem (the dune has a rock like quality)

3. the small sign says: Fishing Bounded
    008a Vacas Pantano Montaña Nevada Lozoya Sig39-80.jpg Canon F-1n. Sigma XQ 39-80. Kodak Gold 400

4. Spicebush (Lindera benzoin) leaves cast a yellow gold hue on a misty morning in the back yard. By Friday morning we may see some snow flying around with anyone on a broom.
    Landscape 10-28-20.JPG

5. Many different senses of eerie . . . .

Leslie Reid likes this.
  6. Duplicate post removed

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  7. SD Badlands
    SD-Badlands.jpg

8. Took the Ricoh GR along for a walk on the beach. I had checked the battery prior to leaving the house - it showed 2/3 full. When I wanted to take the first picture, the camera shut down immediately - empty battery. Managed to get one shot by powering the camera up and immediately pressing the shutter release button before the camera shut down again. To my amazement, an image was indeed recorded on the SD card. Rather cool blustery wind that day.
    2020-10-25-01303-GR.jpg

9. Shenandoah National Park, Virginia

[​IMG]

10. Same location as my prior image . . .

memorial-land.JPG

11. mex16-gigapixel.jpg
    Copper Canyon, Mexico

12. Shot near Squamish BC. These moss-covered trees along this road had potential for a photo but all the full angles and light were basically blah. When I stood back and zoomed in, and then imagined the result in black and white it came together for me. Thought it might fit the Halloween theme. 2014 BC - Squamish - on Squamish Valley Road IMG_3649BW.JPG

13. CFD935BC-2B6C-45AF-926A-D87235E54B83.jpeg
    sand under sodium

14. Great stuff this week, very diverse. I think David_Cavan’s and mine complement one another :)

David_Cavan and ericphelps like this.
  15. I agree !