Wednesday Landscapes, 26 August 2020

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Aug 26, 2020.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Seems like most my episodes of acute indecision involve cropping. Here, it was “One branch? Or two?” I’m glad I took the small branch out…I think…then again, maybe…Oh heck, I’ll post them both.
    One branch:

D01-_MG_4265-Edit-2.jpg

2. ... with a long 15th century bridge.
    0014LAN Desde Torre Puente Romano Dársena-Castillo-NAFS16-85VR.jpg

3. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. Dunes near Pistol River, Oregon.

Landscape82620.JPG

5. Ribblehead Viaduct. North Yorkshire.
    Viaduct_F2458-572 (1 of 1).jpg

6. Admittedly, not a traditional landscape, but I'm kind of limited to my house. Leica M10, 90/2 Summicron.

L1003245.jpg

7. smoky sunrise s.jpg
    Smoky sunrise in eastern Idaho with smoke provided by California wildfires. There are hills in the distance which are just barely visible in the photo due to the smoke, which has dominated landscape scenes around here during the past week.

8. confluence of the Ohio (left) and Mississippi (right) from the southernmost point of Illinois IL-Cairo-Confluence-PAN.jpg

9. Elk at Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone

[​IMG]

10. Seems like most my episodes of acute indecision involve cropping. Here, it was “One branch? Or two?” I’m glad I took the small branch out…I think…then again, maybe…Oh heck, I’ll post them both.
    One branch:

I like the "one branch" version more. With two branches, I found myself looking at the smaller branch more instead of the more interesting "one branch."

11. Another shot from my 2003 trip to Death Valley, looking into Ubehebe Crater. DV-332-15-3.jpg

12. Hope I'm not too late to the party. I couldn't decide if I liked this one better in B&W...
    20181026.jpg