Wednesday Landscapes, 24 April 2019

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Apr 24, 2019.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

As soon as I saw Dieter's comment last week, I knew what I was going to post this week (I’ve been thoroughly enjoying your super-bloom photos, Dieter, and yours too, Supriyo; we’re missing the action up here on the north coast). I’d gotten up before dawn to catch sunrise on Klamath Lake, and was distressed to find that as the sky got lighter and lighter, my hopes for catching a pristine sunrise over the placid lake got dimmer and dimmer—it was clear that I was going to be catching a lot more than the sunrise. So I reverted to plan B: make lemonade. Ironically, Klamath Lake is an important site along the ornithologically defined Pacific flyway.

D01-_MG_4163-Edit.jpg

mpressionz, Nick D., Supriyo and 5 others like this.
  2. Thank you!
    Usually, I'd be cursing the contrails for ruining the shot - but in this case, they actually make the shot!
    [​IMG]

3. image.jpeg Transatlantic

4. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Agreed - on both counts !

5. Nikon F, 28-85mm Nikkor zoom, Delta100, Rodinal semistand.
    view of safari park.jpg

6. nacht-und-nebel.jpg
    Nacht und Nebel​

mpressionz, Nick D., Greg M and 2 others like this.
  7. normally, ‘x’ indicates failure and i think here that is true. But then mr in-congruency reared his oogly head und i luv it

it’s rebellious

Leslie Reid likes this.
  8. Landscape from the Indian state of Rajasthan

Untitled-953.jpg

9. Short series of the first light today (4/26)..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]