Wednesday Landscapes, 21 November 2018

Leslie Reid

You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

As soon as I hit the “update” button, the thought occurred to me that I should have posted the thread before updating the operating system in case the update took longer than expected. Oh well, that’s what hindsight looks like. Here’s an image from just south of the little town of Trinidad in northern California. It was one of those moments when the light was changing fast, and there was a potential image whichever direction I faced.

D01-_MG_1030.thumb.jpg.70bbaf92d5e58aa0b7859080b0198be6.jpg

• Like 5

Love the image Leslie. During our visit in May I stood up near the houses in the distance and took some photos of roughly where you stood for this image. It was mostly shrowded in fog.....you know how that looks. It's fun to see it from the opposite perspective.

Thanksgiving greetings to all. Find something to be thankful for and celebrate it to the fullest. I have a small autumn colored landscape from the back yard on a drizzly day, giving the image a soft look. The trunk of a 97 year old green ash will fall apart soon and begin another phase of life as soil for another tree. This tree grew in a mixed hardwood forest, stood on the edge of agriculture, was home to countless birds and other animals, provided welcome shade and maybe held a tree swing. Near the end it was a Flicker condo. Emerald Ash Beetles finally brought it down, one large limb at a time. Then, one day it fell over and started another chapter as a home to successions of fungi and insects, and a bit of firewood. There's not much left holding it together, and now it is a dinner table for squirrels, or a quiet place for a cat to nap. Soon it will collapse, disappearing into the landscape it once dominated.

632974806_Landscapenew1.thumb.JPG.87bcb2b14ef60f8b24496b47b7bfedbf.JPG

• Like 5

Late evening shot of ''mouse island'' in Corfu after the sunset and the golden hour.

Camera: D700; Lens: Nikkor 17.0-35.0mm f/2.8; Focal Length: 17,00mm; Exposure: 1/60sec; Apperture: f/10; ISO:800

Landscape-Photography-Greece-Corfu-Sunset-Islands-Sea-Lagoon.thumb.jpg.66a3bed3c58f688dd41557073ac216b7.jpg

• Like 5

Spyros

Nikon Z fc; Nikon_D700; Nikon_D70sNikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR  AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm 1:2.8D ED; AF-S Nikkor 50mm 1:1.4G; AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6G; AF-S Micro Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8G ED; AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm 1:2.8G ED; AF-S Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5G ED; Fujifilm X-T10; Fujinon 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS; Pentax_P30T; Pentax-A Zoom 28-80mm 1:3.5-4.5; Tamron 70-210mm 1:4-5.6; Nikon Coolpix P5100