Wednesday Landscapes, 16 June 2021

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Jun 16, 2021.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

Sally's masterful cactus landscape from last week got me thinking about corners again, so here's my latest attempt.

D01-_MG_7245-Edit-2.jpg

2. A brilliant exercise in simplicity, Leslie.

Leslie Reid and sallymack like this.
  3. From Florida's Everglades

pond35.jpg

4. Praha-Hrad-Vltava
    Czech-Praha-Hrad-Vlatava.jpg

5. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

6. Gratitude Point is on a trail in the Napa-Sonoma Marshes (California). It overlooks one of the many former salt ponds in the area, now part of the CA Dept of Fish and Wildlife.
    GratitudePt-7378.jpg

7. Leslie wrote: "Sally's masterful cactus landscape from last week got me thinking about corners again, so here's my latest attempt."

Thanks, Leslie. I'm still thinking about corners, too. Your photo is lovely, the detail!

Leslie Reid likes this.
  8. Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  9. Chiracahua Mountains, Arizona
    DSCF4865.jpg

10. Milky Way rising over the eastern horizon, Bryce Canyon National Park. Lights and glow near bottom of frame are from the little town of Tropic.
    WedLS-210616-5030.jpg
    Nikon D810+Nikkor 16-35mm/4 @ 16mm/4, 20 sec, ISO 6400. Processed in LR5.

11. 35mm film 28mm nikkor 16x20 leach lake shore2.jpg

12. Foragers, Point St. George, CA

Landscape61721.JPG