Wednesday Landscapes, 15 August 2018

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Yeah, sunrise and sunset lighting is great for landscapes, but sometimes it’s the harsh afternoon light that makes an image work. An afternoon wind had awakened the surface of Crater Lake, and the island became a foil to show off the sparkles. I'm making a resolution to go out and chase mid-afternoon light more regularly, just to see what happens.

R02-IMG_4261.jpg

2. NICE, Leslie! I like sparkly water, too, but this is the best use of it I've seen.

Leslie Reid and michaellinder like this.
  3. Landscape with Steller's sea lions with pups on the Farallon Islands to which I took a whale-watching tour. PN-8392-2.jpg

4. Double posting, please delete.

5. White House Ruins, Canyon de Chelly, Arizona (1992).

image.jpeg

6. Slot Canyons, NE Arizona, 1997.

image.jpeg

7. [​IMG]

Leslie - that looks like a snow-covered field. Maybe try B&W to enhance that impression?

8. hnedrys and santa cruz island BW s.jpg

Hendry's Beach, Santa Barbara, with Santa Cruz Island in the background.

9. Not sure whether I'm allowed a second shot. . . This one was taken of a tidal pool near the Nova Scotia shoreline. fullsizeoutput_29a2copy.jpg

10. Lake Wenachi, Washington, August 2018

Sony A7Riii + Loxia 50/2, 1/1000, f/8, ISO 100
    _7R30496_AuroraHDR2018-edit.jpg

11. Winter, Silverton, Colorado (1994). Zone VI 8x10 Field, Kodak 10" Wide Field Ektar, Ilford FP4, PMK Pyro.
    image.jpeg

12. Cross and Wall, Galisteo, New Mexico (1994).

image.jpeg

13. Ebb Tide, Matanzas Inlet, Florida (1990)

image.jpeg

14. Landscape Arch, Arches National Park, Utah, 1992. (ZVI 8x10 Field, 150mm Nikkor SW, Tri-X, D-76)

image.jpeg

15. View of downtown from the lake, with the Leica M262 and 35mm f2 Summicron ASPH.

[​IMG]