Wednesday Landscapes, 15 April 2020

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Apr 15, 2020.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

I'm having to admit that archive-diving is actually a very useful exercise. I'm seeing possibilities in images that I hadn't noticed before, and I'm finding that my post-processing style has changed a lot over the past several years.

R02-IMG_4912-Edit-2.jpg

2. A threatening sense descends from above and the struggle between light and dark is on. The darkness could be smoke from a wild fire or a severe storm. It's all an illusion within the inverted reflection. Last years leaves in the pond are deeply colored and the polarizer can work magic with the organic goo at ones feet.

Landscape 4-15-20.JPG

3. 18ALand Cruz Granito Pueblo Alarilla desde La Muela Vista Aérea CFDn28.jpg Canon FTb. Canon FDn 28. Fuji Superia X 400

4. hanauma bay s 2.jpg
    Hanauma Bay, Oahu. A great place to snorkel. Photo taken at sunrise in March, 2013.

5. NY-Ausable-Chasm.jpg
    Ausable Chasm, NY

6. Ocean Beach, San Francisco
    phOcean Light.jpg

7. WhiteRiver7_04152020_ON1_1000.jpg
    Bluff over looking the White River from last fall.

8. Love the texture in this, Leslie. It gives the water closest to the shoreline a 3-d appearance.

9. Central Highland of Vietnam pn-c2017092046810_5402-Edit-Edit.jpg

10. One from the archives Sept 2009 that had never been touched, left in RAW until today (maybe it should have left there). We are due to revisit the area in July if we are let out of the house.
    SandsendBeach_C5354-198 (1 of 1).jpg

11. The Potomac River, C&O National Park, Maryland in infrared

[​IMG]

12. image.png Western Australia, 2003

13. Bronica, color film, scanned: Mississippi in St. Paul, Fall colors 10x10 river from highbridge.jpg