Wednesday Landscapes, 10 April 2019

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Leslie Reid, Apr 10, 2019.

1. You are invited to upload one or more of your landscape photos and, if you’d like, to accompany your image with some commentary: challenges you faced in making the image? your intent for the image? settings? post-processing decisions? why you did what you did? the place and time? or an aspect you’d like feedback on? And please feel free to ask questions of others who have posted images or to join the discussion. If you don’t feel like using words, that’s OK too—unaccompanied images (or unaccompanied words, for that matter) are also very much welcomed. As for the technicalities, the usual forum guidelines apply: files < 1 MB; image size <1000 px maximum dimension.

I had to dive back into the archives for another reason, but quickly got sidetracked and spent the rest of the evening revisiting and reprocessing old photos. I was startled by how much my interpretations had changed over just the past three years, and by the number of images that I now see potential in that I hadn’t before. Why the change? I suspect that it's partly because I'm no longer encumbered by my original preconceptions of what the photos were about, so I'm looking at them with fresh eyes. Here’s one of the revivals.

D01-_MG_2897.jpg

2. I have also pulled from the archives. I've always liked the nature made vignette and soft colors.

Landscape 4-10-19.JPG

3. horses in pasture teton valley b&W 2 s2.jpg

This is one from a few years ago that I recently converted to black and white.

adoc, Leslie Reid, andy_szeto and 7 others like this.
  4. I didn't have to dig deep into my archives at all. This is a fairly recent photo, which I shot in Nashville about a year ago. PS - - If I've previously posted this, forgive my senility.

18479445-origcopy2 copy.jpg

5. Another apology. I was going to post another image, this one in color, but I wasn't happy with it.

6. ND-T-Roosevelt-NP-A2-18-a.jpg
    T Roosevelt National Park, ND

mikehegarty01 and michaellinder like this.
  7. Mr and Mrs Tree

E6EE8A11-98F1-4653-88F8-C0F4C532171B.jpeg

8. Laura, your shot reminds me of Leslie’s opener last week and of the many shots I have taken on the trans sib express. the spots are dirt on the window

B67C4C74-E9F2-4D20-A169-7575A4F7CBD5.jpeg

9. You're probably in good company. I don't recall seeing the image before today.:rolleyes: If I had, I would have liked it just as much then as now.

michaellinder likes this.
  10. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

NNR Lineside fire

08-101_0504 - TONY0248 - Lineside fire 001a.jpg

with Buzzard using artificial thermals

11. I found another suitable image.

fullsizeoutput_4cd0copy2.jpg

jlineen, Ludmilla and mikehegarty01 like this.
  12. Sometimes, believe it or not. I actually post something more than once on purpose. Believe it or not!

michaellinder likes this.
  13. VistaSMG072018_3_G_1.jpg
    From last summer vacation.

14. Reflections from this past Monday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]