Wedding Photography Gift Registry

sarahcrossphoto

<p>Hello World,<br>

I've recently been turned onto the idea of offering a bridal gift registry with my weddings. I am new to business and am hoping to find the best way to make this happen...before really launching my business. I love the idea that a couple's family could gift them with photography by helping to pay for the service and/or towards one of these highly priced but eloquent photo albums.<br>

Have any of you had success with this? If so...how? What are the logistics? Is there another company that I would have to go through that would collect the registry money? Can this be as easy as a "pay for gift" button online? Is that something I would collect and then deduct that amount from the total amount due (60 days before the wedding). Pretty confused here. I'd love to make it work.<br>

It takes a community to pay for a wedding photographer right? :)</p>

<p>"It takes a community to pay for a wedding photographer right? :)"<br /> You are correct!<br /> I've been doing this for a couple of years. Getting the message directly to the people who may participate with you, family, relatives, wedding party works best. Relying on the B&G to get the message out won't have very good results. Get the wedding invite list, if you can, with emails and start a campaign. Could use Constant Contact. Jazz up the emails. Send out ideas like you're a problem solver for you (the reader of the email) getting a wedding gift for the couple. Make it easy to order. Come up with just a few simple ideas. Maybe just an amount the B&G could use at their discretion. Take payment with cc's.<br /> You also should let this be known on your blog that links to other social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin & others.<br /> Many couples are off and running with home and other goodies before they get married so this could be an easy way for people to buy something meaningful for them.<br /> Hope this helps you.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have thought about this and mentioned it to a few couples, and they seemed interested in it. I think it has not come to fruition yet because no one has actually seen the HOW of it. I don't expect there is an application out there for this function, but if anyone knows of one, I am very happy to hear about it.</p>

<p>I book my weddings and contracts via ShootQ - perhaps there is a way to do it in there. If anyone else uses ShootQ and has done something like this, any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. : )</p>

<p> </p>

<p>great info! I'll check into both shoootQ and picture pro for options.<br>

<br />It seems like something that should be done....more often. The album alone is such an investment for many of the couples I'm dealing with that at this point, many chose to go without. (Although, I've finally found an album that they can't resist...but it's a mint to produce).<br>

Maybe through some brainstorming and wishful thinking, we can make this dream come true.</p>