Wedding photo for Photo of the Week?

brandonhamilton

I don't think a photo of a wedding has ever been chosen for photo of

the week. I have seen a few here and there that maybe could compete!

I am curious to see photos you have seen or can present that you

think "should" be considered :) In other words, lets see some of the

"cream of the crop".

Maybe the little elves will take notice!

I don't know about photo of the week, but we had a wedding Sunday night and I love this photo- pure accident. I was racing to catch up-shooting and walking...I love the whole series- what a nice surprise! Will the bride love it? Maybe- she was pretty non-traditional...<div>009lMA-20005784.jpg.fbb72799233cca9e37f1891f273545af.jpg</div>

Why not have a "Wedding Photo Of The Week" on this forum?

However, that would be too much time and trouble for Mary to make a choice, so why don't we just have a friendly Friday Photo Of the Week thread where anyone can post want he/she thinks is their best or most interesting wedding/social event photo?...kind of like a "No Words" posting but related only to wedding and social event photography and only on Fridays?

I truly think we all learn by seeing what other do, without a bunch of comments!

Any thoughts on this?

According to the rules of this specific forum, W/NW type postings are not allowed. One

image is allowed if it is related to asking or answering a specific question... or is

illustrative of a group of images with a link provided to the whole group itself.

This is the only thing about this forum I do not like. Other forums such as the Leica,

Street & Documentary, and People Photography forum do allow such threads. It just

doesn't make any sense when you consider the nature of wedding photography as a story

telling medium. I also believe this exclusion will eventually erode participation as the same

basic technical questions become more and more redundant.

I wonder if the PN gods will listen to an appeal if enough of us want such threads? Maybe

there are certain days where traffic is lighter on PN, and we could designate that day with

a thread dedicated to our own wedding W/NW?

Is this possible Mary?

Hi guys... The idea is workable. The only thing we discourage is if someone posts multiple images in a thread.... Or, if people post image after image in a "no words" format. <p>Here is what I suggest.... How about I pick 6 people to nominate a Wedding photo of the week. They send me a link via email. I then send those links to those six people and each rates them on a scale of 1 to 6 and the winner gets posted.... That image then gets critiqued with constructive comments positive and negative. Just like the POW -- no short congratulatory or short negative comments - but substantial critques. The image will - just like the POW be the photo chosen for discussion and not necessarily the BEST on PN. <p>The way to find those wedding pics? There is a thread in the Wedding Forum that lists members of PN that have wedding images in their portfolios and gives a link. So - if you have wedding folders -- I need you to make sure you are listed in that thread as a link.