Wedding contest can't see drop down contest list

kohanmike

<p>I want to submit a couple of photos I shot with my Nikon to the wedding contest announced in the pin above, but when I follow the instructions and go to the Photo Admin tab of my photo, there is not drop down menu to choose the contest.</p>

<p>Michael K, the rules ar noted here:<br>

<a href="/photo-contests/wedding-still-life">http://www.photo.net/photo-contests/wedding-still-life</a></p>

<p><strong>Some changes to the contest and some basic new rules</strong> <br />1. The contest is now open to subscribers only. This includes both submission and voting. <br />2. Please view <a href="/info/photo-contest-official-rules.pdf">the official contest rules</a>.<br>

<br>

Too many Michaels on this site. :-) </p>

<p>Hi to all three Michaels. Thanks Michael Chang. Yes, we changed that last month for the monochrome contest because of all of the scamming/voting going on. Keeping it to subscribers only was the only way to maintain fairness and integrity by avoiding voting from false accounts. From another similar string - by Glenn:<br>

When we had it open to all, free and subscribers - we were getting multiple submissions and multiple votes from same IP addresses. This meant that there were some people creating multiple registrations and submitting & voting multiple times. We were able to catch this before the end of the contest but the only true way we could insure that we would not continue to see that problem was to make it only available to subscribers.</p>

<p>Hi Cara, I'm sure the decision on this matter was carefully considered but can we not accommodate both subscribers and non-subscribers with separate contests? </p>

<p>From my perspective an open-to-all-members contest can encourage new registrations to become members of p.net, and those who do register for this reason might be inclined to be more active during their initial participation period to see how their photo is doing and explore other submissions. The downside is of course the potential for abuse. </p>

<p>A subscriber-only contest might encourage non-subscribers to subscribe, but will also severely limits participation unless the contest subject is generic such as the previous B/W - great subject-pick, by the way. </p>

<p>If we had both (perhaps alternating) and put a little effort into policing abuse, we can maybe have our cake and eat it too. </p>

<p>A simple solution to only exclude NEW members was put forward in the other thread on this subject, however there has so far been no follow up from admins. so I do not know if this is a viable solution. Certainly sounds reasonable.<br /> I just received an email from PN trying to encourage me to contribute to the current contest, something which at present I am blocked from doing. You might want to consider only sending out these invitations to paying members as you run the risk of further insult to the rest of us.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>"A subscription is 7 cents a day. How did anyone buy a camera if they can't afford 7 cents a day?"</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Jeff, I'm sure almost every registered member can afford 7 cents a day. <br>

<br>

What's in question is that they choose no to, and how do we turn that around. </p>